Screen whiteout

Hello @alex_wood, I brought up this issue for you with our team and they are going to investigate. In the meantime they asked me to get a video of the issue occurring. Are you able to send me a video of this issue? Thanks again!

Ok, I shall wait for the next occurrence of it, though it hardly justifies a video as it is a blank screen, but I will go ahead and do that.

NO VIDEO YET, BUT CAPTURED A SCREENSHOT THAT SHOWS THIS OCCURRENCE, WHERE MOVING AWAY FROM RADIO BY SEARCHING FOR AN ALBUM, FINDING THAT ALBUM AND SELECTING IT, SHOWS THW HITE OUT.

Did you search for the Beatles “White” album? Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Jim, adding value as always. I was actually watching Norman Maslow from the VC on YouTube and searching for his recommends, thinking, hey that whiteout thing has not happened for a while, bingo and up it came.

1 Like

And again within half an hour this time, yet I hadn’t seen it occur for a few days.

No video at the moment, but here are the screen shots again.

I have a video, how do i send it as i cant upload it here?

Hello @alex_wood, you can upload it to this file here! I’ll add it to your open investigation and request a status update on the issue.

I have exactly the same issue.

Frustrating issue, it just impedes the flow really, not a show stopper, but it just became annoying, hence the report.

Uploaded for you

Noris,
Roon launched and browsed for three minutes as requested.

Hi @alex_wood,

I have shifted your post back into the open thread you have with @nuwriy since the other thread’s symptoms are a bit different.

As for the current status of your case - we haven’t managed to find exact reproduction steps yet in the QA lab, this behavior appears to occur at random from what we can tell.

What would really help here is if you are able to provide steps which reproduce the issue consistently each time, so that we can provide reproduction steps for the devs.

What was the exact album you searched for? What are the reproduction steps?

• Go to “My Live Radio”
  • Search for the specific album while on live radio tab still
  • Click on the album
  • Screen whiteout occurs

Does that sound right?

So, the sequence you have itemised was correct for that instance, but it has occurred without use of radio function by merely browsing through albums.
If the whiteout reoccurs soon i will detail the instance for you.
It will be tomorrow evening as its 21.30 here and I’m up for work at 04.00.
Thanks for your efforts thus far, i will be back

Bump…any updates on my whiteout issue? Though, fingers crossed i have not seen it reoccur for a few days now

Hi @alex_wood,

There hasn’t been any new updates following my last messages. For us to proceed with this issue, we need reproduction steps.

Please keep an eye on when/if this behavior occurs again and if you are able to consistently reproduce by clicking on a certain button or navigate to a certain set of pages, do let us know.

Noris,
Whilst I am now experiencing issues with Qobuz sign in within ROON (Seperate support request raised for that), I do not appear to be seeing any issues with “Whiteout”. Of course this may occur when I have the ability to access Qobuz again?

1 Like

@alex_wood - it is possible that Qobuz content has something to do with this issue, as I mentioned earlier - the more information / reproduction steps we have available, the better we’ll be able to get a ticket with actionable content over to the devs.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.