Screen whiteout

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus-build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected to network switch via power plug and router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

IPAD/IPHONE/WIFI/HEADPHONES OR IPAD/IPHONE/AURALIC G1, THE COMMON THEME IS THE IPAD AND IPHONE.

Description Of Issue

SELECTING ALBUMS FROM ANY SCREEN CAN RESULT IN A SCREEN WHITEOUT WITH NO BACK BUTTON PRESENT TO NAVIGATE AWAY. THIS CAN SOMETIMES BE RESOLVED BY CLICKING INTO TOOL BAR AND NAVIGATING AWAY AND BACK. CLOSING APP AND COMING BACK LATER, OR RESET ROON.

Hello @alex_wood,

Does this happen with local content too or only streamed content? When did this issue start happening?

So, this has been occurring since the last major update and as I browse heavily through a myriad of music, I think this must mainly be streamed content rather than items in my library.

Hello @alex_wood and thanks for the information! I was able to locate an internal ticket created for you regarding this issue previously. I’m going to request an update from our team and get back to you with their progress. Thanks for your patience here in the meantime!

I also noticed on the thread that generated this ticket, Noris recommended reinstalling the Roon app, were you able to reinstall on the iPad since then? Was there any change since doing so?

Yes, you are right, I have been patient, but the snag is getting pretty annoying now.
Please also not iPhone symptoms too as mentioned.
Roon reinstalled, same problem

Hello @alex_wood, I brought up this issue for you with our team and they are going to investigate. In the meantime they asked me to get a video of the issue occurring. Are you able to send me a video of this issue? Thanks again!

Ok, I shall wait for the next occurrence of it, though it hardly justifies a video as it is a blank screen, but I will go ahead and do that.

NO VIDEO YET, BUT CAPTURED A SCREENSHOT THAT SHOWS THIS OCCURRENCE, WHERE MOVING AWAY FROM RADIO BY SEARCHING FOR AN ALBUM, FINDING THAT ALBUM AND SELECTING IT, SHOWS THW HITE OUT.

Did you search for the Beatles “White” album? Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Jim, adding value as always. I was actually watching Norman Maslow from the VC on YouTube and searching for his recommends, thinking, hey that whiteout thing has not happened for a while, bingo and up it came.

1 Like

And again within half an hour this time, yet I hadn’t seen it occur for a few days.

No video at the moment, but here are the screen shots again.

I have a video, how do i send it as i cant upload it here?

Hello @alex_wood, you can upload it to this file here! I’ll add it to your open investigation and request a status update on the issue.

I have exactly the same issue.

Frustrating issue, it just impedes the flow really, not a show stopper, but it just became annoying, hence the report.

Uploaded for you

Noris,
Roon launched and browsed for three minutes as requested.

Hi @alex_wood,

I have shifted your post back into the open thread you have with @nuwriy since the other thread’s symptoms are a bit different.

As for the current status of your case - we haven’t managed to find exact reproduction steps yet in the QA lab, this behavior appears to occur at random from what we can tell.

What would really help here is if you are able to provide steps which reproduce the issue consistently each time, so that we can provide reproduction steps for the devs.

What was the exact album you searched for? What are the reproduction steps?

• Go to “My Live Radio”
  • Search for the specific album while on live radio tab still
  • Click on the album
  • Screen whiteout occurs

Does that sound right?

So, the sequence you have itemised was correct for that instance, but it has occurred without use of radio function by merely browsing through albums.
If the whiteout reoccurs soon i will detail the instance for you.
It will be tomorrow evening as its 21.30 here and I’m up for work at 04.00.
Thanks for your efforts thus far, i will be back