Scrolling not smooth

Got the latest update on it but it still does not run smoothly

Same here,

I am in the trial period and I hesitate to take the step because of the painful scrolling.
The user experience is not really there for a paid application.

It is really a shame that the problem has been dragging on for months and years without being really taken in charge.

I just started using Roon and about to buy a NUC instead of my stationary computer as Core. I use a 2020 iPad pro with 120hz screen but the scrolling is dreadful, absolutely dreadful. I probably have around 20 fps tops. I thought it was my unit or somehow a faulty installation or something but then I found this thread. I am chocked, to be honest. Iā€™m chocked because Roon team should be aware of how important UX is these days, and fix this ASAP. This stuff strains my eyes and I wonā€™t be able to use Roon if this doesnā€™t get fixed. Any fix in sight?

In addition to this, I also had to change my 3D settings (GSync) on my Windows 10 for the Core to run smooth (otherwise same FPS and stuttering issues). Never seen this issue in any other app to be honest. Apart from that I love the service itself, the implementation seems a bitā€¦ off?

1 Like

I recently canceled my roon subscription because of the lack of urgency around this problem

Iā€™m not a developer, but itā€™s been explained to me that Roon is built with Xamarin, which is a .NET app platform. My understanding is that this approach makes it possible to develop one app that can be deployed on various operating systems. This has obvious advantages for the developer, but it also means the resulting apps may not be compliant with UI standards on the various platforms where theyā€™re deployed. The implementation seems particularly poor on iOS. Itā€™s not clear if this approach is at the root of the poor scrolling performance, but Roon is the only app Iā€™ve ever seen on iOS that has this problem to this degree, so it seems likely. It may also be the reason this issue has gone unresolved for over two years.

This is a real shame. I subscribed to Roon so I can read up about artists and albums whilst listening to music. Itā€™s a great feature but almost unusable on iPads. Iā€™ve tried 3 different generations of iPads and sizes, but the issue is always present. If it helps support (assuming thereā€™s work being carried out on this), the erratic behaviour occurs when scrolling vertically but if my finger moves very slightly to the left or right, the screen jumps to the scrolling starting point. If I keep my finger on the screen whilst scrolling, without deviating slightly in the horizontal plane, the app works correctly. But thatā€™s virtually impossible under normal usage. I do hope this gets fixed - itā€™s a real show stopper using iOS.

Agreed, itā€™s a real bummer. After waiting for a long time with no improvement, I finally cancelled my subscription and went back to Apple Music. I continue to monitor the forum here with the hope that it eventually gets resolved, but I have to admit to being somewhat pessimistic.

@support - this radio silence and lack of action for such a long time is disappointing. So is seeing users cancel their subscription.

1 Like

Same problem here on the current iPhone Pro model. Itā€™s really a pain to use the app.

Hello,
same problem here. Using a 9.gen IPad. Scrolling is very laggy and it doesnā€™t feel smooth at all. Love everything about Roon but this issue is killing the user experience!
Please drop an update to fix this problem!

Core is a 10gen i5 nuc with 500gb ssd Samsung evo plus and 2tb ssd with 8 gig ram.

On my IPhone XS i donā€™t have any problems and a very smooth experience. I donā€™t have any clue what is causing the issue.

Best regards
David

Hi folks, we shared an update today in the thread below. There are multiple threads on this topic that have been causing others a bit of a confusion, so weā€™re going to close this one out and consolidate into a single thread. Thatā€™ll make it easier for us to provide updates and keep you better informed, thanks!

2 Likes