Scrolling not smooth

Hey, yeah, on the new 120hz iPhone any interaction with the app is very jittery or laggy even more.
On 60hz iPads/iPhones/Macs it’s far from good also.
I like the functionality but UX feels so choppy and outdated it makes it hard to pay for that ;(

3 Likes

I for one have given up using my iPhone as a remote. My eyes have thanked me :eyes:

Shame a paid for app like Roon can’t be enjoyed on an iPhone.

1 Like

I just installed rock on old lenovo i3 skylake 2 core/4 threads 4gb ram,128gb ssd setup was a breeze,couldnt belive it how easy and quick it was,copied roon to usb and inserted in the lenovo pc,recognised the usb installer on reboot and within 5 min roon was running,the only problem I’m getting is using roon remote on my ipad pro 12.9 and iphone 13 pro max,Samsung android tablet,everthing loads very quickly and it found my node2 and ifi zen stream all connected via ethernet but when I’m scrolling on the ipad/iphone and my samsung tablet it’s very laggy and stuttery,its a bit better on android but on ios roon is horrible to use,I even uninstalled rock and apps and then reinstalled everything again but it’s still the same,could it be this i3 dual core and 4gb ram isn’t powerful enough?I’ve got the chance of buying a skylake quad core i5 6500 8gb ram mini pc of someone but I’m not sure if the extra 2cores and 4gb ram will help

I believe the issue is with the Roon apps on iOS, not your core. I’m running ROCK on a 8i5BEH NUC and Roon is super smooth on my MacBook Pro, but very choppy on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPad Pro.

Atleast i know I’m not alone then,its also super smooth on my windows pc but the roon remote app are really laggy,ive Been away from roon since last year,when I last used roon it was on 1.6/1.7 software and it wasn’t like this,the ios remote app was always really smooth,whats happened?is it roon 1.8 that’s caused this

I wish I knew. There are a number of threads about this, but no solutions so far that I’ve seen.

I just returned my Galaxy Tab A to factory settings to see if the jerky, unpredictible scrolling might resolve. Spent three hours yesterday getting things re-established on the tablet. I will see tonight how it does under normal use.

Thats my experience aswell on my iphone 13 max,I know apple said that developers of apps on ios had to update there app themselves to take advantage of the 120hrz display on the new iPhone 13,roon have obviously not done that yet,I known they have look into the bugs and I don’t expect a fix overnight but fickin hell this was reported way bck in may,and its not like its a big issue to fix,if this ain’t fixed very soon il be cancelling my subscription :rage:

This issue is also present on iphone 12 and below, its not related to 120hz, its just a terrible performance bug.

No better returning my Galaxy Tab A to factory settings and reinstalling from scratch. I bit the bullet and ordered a Fire HD 10+. Better not happen on the new one!

I doubt very much the firehd will make any difference,ive tried it on a Samsung tab a6 and Samsung tab S4 iphone 13 max ipad pro and its the same experience apart from the iPhone 13 as that’s actually quite a bit worse,the remote app is jst as important are the core on the pc,you need the 2 working right to get the best experience and if 1 ain’t working right it totaly destroys the roon experience

If the Fire has the same problem, then I will need to look at the core. Most don’t have the issue (at least on android) so I would think a different tablet would work unless the control app isn’t the problem.

I don’t have the issue on my Galaxy S10 phone, though the format is completely different.

any update from roon yet on a update to fix this mess?

1 Like

You were correct. Brand new Fire HD 10 gen 11, basic setup, install of play store and Roon only. Screen jerked around in the same way. Maybe not as severely, but I only gave it a few minutes to determine it wouldn’t solve the problem.

I think Roon has a serious problem here.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that buddy especially as it’s cost you more money to find out,but I did think you were setting yourself up for disappoint,I always thought or presumed roon were always on top to quickly fix bugs,right now my roon core is extremely fast and smooth after I upgraded my i3 to a 6 core i5 but that means nothing to me if the roon remote isn’t the same

I’m glad I know now. I can stop thinking in that direction. It only cost me a few hours. Returned to Amazon already.

Weve no option but to wait till roon fix there apps,but since this has been happening since atleast may I don’t have much hope

Ten months for me since reporting it, having support ask for a video, then nothing.

I only wish I’d known about this before I went and spent £600,seriously feel let down by roon and lack of urgency but like some one else said to me company’s don’t give a dam until you stop paying them

Have there been any updates on this choppy scrolling issue on the Roon iOS apps?