Search by record label outside library

Just a reminder folks, if you have added your support for this feature then please do scroll back up to the top and vote as well - there’s only 6 votes so far, not sure that will get much attention from Roon?

Thread below seems similar and has 12 votes. Should this thread be merged to consolidate votes?

2 Likes

I just voted but think that there is more to do with the search functionality than only this one.
The search just doesn’t go deep enough. I think it is a matter of capacity.
When I search for The Band AKA, Roon can never find it, this disco group doesn’t seem to exist, while it is on Tidal. And there is an artist page, which I can only view from my library or when I search for their song “Grace”. So the search still isn’t perfect. It is also too much depending on what the streaming services offer, I guess. David Earle Johnson’s Time is Free used to be on Tidal and easy to find. Now it is not on Tidal anymore. I have the file on my server and Roon sometimes can’t “see” that one. But once you get to know the work-arounds it is all OK.
Hope we get a label search soon!

I have no idea how to “vote”.

@Geoff_Mirelowitz at the top of the all the comments, to the left of your original post back in Feb’19, is a button that will say ‘Vote’ if you haven’t voted and ‘Voted’ if you have… 'bout time we got our label search methinks… long while ago now! :blush:

1 Like

@Tim_Woodward Thanks! Done.

It sure seems as if much more complicated software problems have been solved while we’re still waiting for this.

1 Like

Adding my vote to this as well. It’s ridiculous considering the fact that they have this information and boasted with it for 1.8, but still only show what’s in your own library. Please add true music exploration functionality!

4 Likes

+1. That‘s the only reason why I stop using roon and go Qobuz. Waiting for it!

1 Like

@Geoff_Coupe could you please merge

I’m not sure whether merging will also cause the Votes cast to be merged. @Carl - do you know what will happen?

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

Yes merging also consolidates the voting … vote count after merging 46 (31 + 17 - 2 duplicates) :+1:

3 Likes

One of my favourite things about Qobuz is the ability to browse by record label. This is especially useful for smaller labels. Sadly so far as I know there’s no way to do this within Roon Remote, so I need to jump over to the Qobuz app to browse and add before jumping back to Roon to play. Could this feature be something that could be added in future updates? Thx

2 Likes

I use Qobuz for this very reason, very handy, don’t mind that I can’t in Roon, however would be really fantastic if I could.

3 Likes

Great to see I’m not the only one! When I had a vinyl collection I organised it by label. I do find it’s a great way to browse and find new things I want to listen to.

1 Like

Moved to Feature Requests section - you can vote now!

3 Likes

Having moved this thread - I’ve noticed that there’s an existing thread which has garnered a lot of votes. @moderators - could you perform your magic merging spells?

3 Likes

You can sorta do it ,

Go to Album View > Focus > Label

You then see album by label

3 Likes

Everyday is a school day! This is actually quite useful thank you Mike.

1 Like

Yeah, sort of. Roon is limited to searching labels only within one’s library.

1 Like

Yep, as I say in the OP I’m interested in using labels to find new music rather than find music I’ve already added. Fingers crossed Roon is listening : )

1 Like