Search no longer working properly?

Did something change in how Roon’s Search operates or did I inadvertently change a setting that restricted search results? I have both Qobuz and Tidal enabled but am frequently getting no results on searches that are successful on both those platforms.

The latest example is I searched for “DiMeola, McLaughlin, and De Luca Friday Night live in San Francisco” and got no results. I narrowed the search to “Friday Night live in San Francisco” and still got no results. Then I tried DiMeola, McLaughlin, and De Luca and got no results. So this very famous album is available in both Tidal and Qobuz and any of those search terms on those platforms brings it up correctly.

So what gives?

Try searching for the actual title: Friday Night in San Francisco

Or just “Friday Night” will get it in the results as well…

I had the same damn problem. See this link -

If you do find it, I am curious as to whether you can add it to your library. I could ‘t. Haven’t bothered to try since.

@Geoff_Coupe, yeah that might work, but it’s just sweeping the dirt under the rug.

Really, the continuing problems with Search is a disgrace.

2 Likes

Yes, yes, I know you can add it. I got nothing but a spinning icon, which lead to the whole discussion about when Roon says it has added a album, when in fact it hasn’t.

As it is now, it’s just sloppy code.

OK. That exact title works but the utility of Search in Roon drops close to zero if you have to have all the search terms exactly right. And more importantly, I’m pretty sure Roon didn’t used to work this way. Search actually used to be useful.

Really? When?