Search results not as expected

I’m afraid I must agree. The other person they should hire is a proper technical writer.

1 Like

Yeah, I think you’re right.

Just posting to second the “excellent album” comments. An all time favorite. :star_struck:

@xxx
Don’t know if this will work for you, but I think I have a fix that seems to work for some of my ‘missing’ albums. The case when they go missing is when I have one local version and one streaming version in my library (by version, same track length, not different releases with different track lengths). When I happen to select my local version from Overview I can see it and the Qobuz version under Versions. But when I happen to select the Qobuz version, my local version doesn’t appear under Versions.
Go to Overview or Focus on local storage and select your local version. Then Edit the album, and under Versions deselect Prefer File and Edit the name to “Local”. Then save.
Now I see the Local version as well as the Qobuz version when I select the Qobuz version.

Thanks, I will try this. Still, even if that works I am going to delete all Qobuz versions.

For now I am waiting for @support to tell me if they want to investigate this by looking at my library, so I don’t want to change anything.

So, for you this occurs with multiple instances? Then, much more a problem.
I was hoping it was just that one album for me. .

Nope. It happens with a lot of albums. The key features seem to be:

1. You have both a local version and a Qobuz version in your library.

2. If you go from Artist to Discography and happen to pick the streaming version of the album, one of two things will happen:
    a) if there aren’t other releases, there won’t be any Versions tab showing to let you see your local copy.
    b) if there are other releases, it will show the Qobuz version and not your local version under the Versions tab.

3. In the case of having different releases and versions, you’ll see all the Qobuz versions/releases shown, but not your local copy.

In your example you fell into the situation coming from Search and happened to pick the streaming version as the Album presented. Same problem.
If you look in other parts of Roon, you will still be able to find your local version. It just seems to become invisible under Versions.

3 Likes

I feel this is all tied to the shenanigans we were having around the original release day of 1.8. Would that be a fair assumption, Scott?

I think you’re right.
My suspicion is that there is a much larger issue with versions, releases and equivalency. If there was a simple fix for a simple problem, we would have seen it by now or at least heard from Roon about it. At least in my own head, I have a thought construct around how to avoid the various sequelae.
Kippis!

While I have only had Roon for a few months I discovered early on that having only one version of an album in my library cures a lot of pain! If I have a Tidal album in my library, it only means I do not yet have a local copy.

It would be nice to effectively have my library in Tidal as well for when I’m away from home, but the issues outweigh this luxury.