Seeing washed-out colours

I’m seeing the same washed-out colours on my ThinkPad 10 (Intel Atom Z3795 with Intel HD Graphics) running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.21.

This is with Roon B528, 32 bits version. Only happening with Roon, and started with B528.

Also seeing the same washed-out colours with Roon B528 (64bits) on my Surface 3 (Intel Atom x7-Z8700 with Intel HD Graphics) running Windows 10 Home, version 1909, build 18363.693.

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

Can you try giving the GPU drivers an update and let us know if that makes any difference?

@dylan - that doesn’t work. I installed the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and let it scan my Surface 3. The result was not promising:

Naturally, I have Windows Update install the latest drivers as they come through, and clearly Microsoft thinks that the latest graphic driver is installed. I have no desire to try a generic Intel driver that may screw up my working system either. So basically, it would appear that I (and others) am now stuck.

Addendum: Same result when I run the IDSA on my ThinkPad 10 - can’t upgrade the graphics driver. Also, running the Lenovo Support Automatic Driver Update utility produced no new driver for me to install.

Something else I’ve just noticed - the top of text strings seem to be missing, e.g.:

This is being seen on both the Surface 3 and the TinkPad 10 devices.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issue with Pipo Win 10 32 bit tablet as remote

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

Can you please ask that you:

1. Share a screenshot of the Display Adapter info from your Device Manager for both of these devices?

2. Upload a log set from each affected Roon Client by using these instructions to access logs.

3. Let me know if you previously experienced a “too dark” issue on these devices with older builds of Roon?

I’m not sure I quite see the issue here, can you expand on where you’re seeing the missing text?

This was previously reported in conjunction with display/UI scaling. Do you use display/UI scaling on these devices?

ThinkPad 10: 1920 x 1200 (recommended) with 150% (recommended) scaling.
Surface 3: 1920 x 1280 (recommended) with 150% (recommended) scaling.

ThinPad 10:

Surface 3:

I’ve already sent logs of both devices to @dylan via PM.

Never noticed a “too dark” situation on these devices with older builds.

Tops of certain letters are missing - see the highlighted areas for examples…

1 Like

These issues are now fixed in the latest build. (B536)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.