Seems so simple, I'm embarrassed to ask

When I go to My Albums, the list is almost arranged by “Artist”. I want the default to always be by
“Date Added”. Is there a way to make that view my default?
Thanks
Steve

Roon remembers where you left it.

I wish…but thats not the case. I very rarely use by artist, but its almost always what I find when I go back.

It’s been a bug for an embarrassingly long time, you aren’t wrong it just doesn’t work.

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I always sort Albums By Artist but I tried setting it by date and after I closed Roon and opened it again it had gone back to sorting by Artist exactly as you described.

I love the name of this topic - feel like it should become a regular thing. Basically a safe place to ask “dumb” questions without fear of being chided.

2 Likes

Everywhere on the gorum “should” be.
Goodness knows I forget stuff.

2 Likes

It’s a bit odd…I’m not a new user by any means. It’s been bugging me for a long time…just never
got around to posting the question.

1 Like

Have no idea why there are differences but I have to side with @Jim_F, this one remembers where it was after cycling.

2 Likes

Same for me as for @Jim_F and @Mike_LC - Roon remembers where it was after a restart. It might be worth reposting in #support to see if they can shed any light on this.

1 Like

Same here, Roon remembers where I set it. For me the setting is sticky.

1 Like

And yet as I posted earlier, for me it’s also not sticky. Not important to me as I sort by Artist but it does show that the problem for the OP isn’t a one off problem.

For me, it is sometimes sticky and sometimes not. I do wish they would fix it or provide a method to select a default. But, it’s not that big of a deal either way….

It’s probably relevant to give some details of the particular setup that’s being used. For example, my ROCK/NUC Core is on 24/7, but some of my Roon devices are not. The individual sort setting is sticky on all of my devices. However, I have seen the setting revert to “Artist” when (some?) new builds are installed.

3 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to check whether mine retains settings on restart. My core is set to restart daily at 3 a.m. after running database backups.

Update: Changed library display on both Core and Remote, rebooted my Core and settings on both Core and Remote were unchanged.

In my experience the setting persists sometimes but not others. I posted this is the beta forum, but no response from Roon. Someone else posted that they had the same problem.

I guess it’s annoying but in context it’s easier than rewinding a cassette with a pencil.

6 Likes

Sticky for me too. As Geoff noted above it will “lose” memory after an upgrade

Exactly that in my case too, ONLY when a new build is installed do they revert to artist.
All stay at date added no matter how many times power cycled.

Home → Recent Activity → Added → More
?