Server too busy to play music

This release can’t come soon enough…
Having to login again is a minor issue.
The MAJOR issue is the hour it takes for my library to update.
During that time, cannot really play music. Server too busy.

1 Like

I’m meant the day and a half it takes to update library.

Hi @Jacques_Racine,

This sounds like a bit of a different symptom than we typically see when logging into TIDAL, you’re saying that you cannot play any music (even from local HDDs) while you are being logged in to TIDAL? What does the rest of your setup look like, can you please use this thread as a guide to provide more info?

For the sake fo clarity: Because of the work done on my library, I cannot run HQPlayer concurrently.
ANd I much prefer HQP than Roon alone.
I do have the problem where I have to sign-in again for Tidal each time I start Roon.

Hi @Jacques_Racine,

What kind of “work” are you referring to here? If it’s background analysis, you can turn that off under Roon Settings -> Library. But yes, for the TIDAL issue, we are working on that.

Well, here is the problem. And I have seen that often over the past year.
Roon will be “updating library” for a very long time, and always show that it is let’s say 90% done. But it never finishes. Then I quit and restart, and it shows now that the task is completed.

Hi @Jacques_Racine,

Can you let me know the exact local time + date you next see this type of hang? I wonder if Roon logs show anything.

The TIDAL login behavior should have been addressed in the release from today, can you let me know if it helped?

Yes Tidal seems fixed. I will provide more info tomorrow.
Thanks for your responsiveness.

1 Like

Well, I was wrong. Every time I restart Roon, same issue with Tidal. With the latest version, of course.

Hi @Jacques_Racine,

Was there any improvement in behavior at all? Are you able to click on the “retry” button and it goes through without having to open the browser window?

Yes. That works now. Thx.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming the slight improvement here! We are still investigating what further improvements can be made, but it does sound like the changes helped a bit, even if they did not fully resolve this issue. We’ll keep working on this to see if we can address further, thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.