Setup Audio in Roon [resolved]

Hello.
I have Roon installed on my Mac late 2013,Mac Os Sierra, 8gb memory ,external usb drive.
When i go to settings, audio ,it is not possible to set audio settings, only Networked.
Any help would be aprreciated

When activated another version of Roon opens and closes. I have deinstalled and installed, but problem stays.
Greetings
E Jansen

Hi @E_Jansen ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. To help me evaluate this behavior you are experiencing may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. Please expand on the description of your setup as seen here.

2. You mentioned the following in your feedback:

" When activated another version of Roon opens and closes. I have deinstalled and installed, but problem stays."

Can you please clarify this statement for me and provide further insight into this observation?

1. This behavior you are experiencing where your audio outputs are missing, has this always been an issue while using Roon or is this a recent observation that has been made? If it is indeed a recent one, can you think of any changes that have been made to your setup recently?

-Eric

Hello.
Thanks for your reaction.
My setup.
Imac 27inch late 2013,processor 3,2 GH Intel Core I5,8GB 1600 Mhz-DDR3, Mac Os Sierra, music is on exterrnal HD USB ,WD Elements. Roon control core output.
My problem .I have download Roon last saturday ,when i get to settings /audio i can’t set audiosettings for audioquest,there is no possibility i get the screen from the image i have added.
A few hours later another try, i have changed nothing, i got the screen to set the audio with audioquest ,
Great program ,very happy with it, a few hours later, when i opened Roon, no audio devices found, manage audio devices found, but impossible to manage, i got the screen from image, Networked.
When Roon is opened, another Roon pops up in the dock( image 2)
I have deinstalled Roon and installed again.
Yesterday the same occurred, in the afternoon i opened Roon , no problems , this morning no audio devices found.
I have changed nothing in my computer the last month
I hope you can help me, because it is a great program
Kind Regard.
E Jansen

Hi @E_Jansen ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions.

Moving forward, can you please verify if you are making use of any antivirus applications or active firewalls in your setup. If you are indeed, may I kindly ask you to please disable them temporarily and see if this yields a change in behavior here.

Lastly, in regard to the double icon in the DOC. If you navigate to your database following the instructions found here, what folders are you seeing? Here is an example from my MacBook Pro that I test with:

-Eric

Hello Eric.

Firewall disabled, no antivirus

My library screen

Hi @E_Jansen ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions/provide the requested screenshot. I would like to grab a set of logs from you so we can try to pinpoint where this issue is occurring. I will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Posting to let you know I had a similar issue, basically bad subnet mask on my mac mini running as Roon Remote (where I wanted sound out). Verify your network settings are coherent and you can browse your Mac from your Core outside of Roon. It seems if Core cannot reach the Mac/endpoint you cannot enumerate audio outputs.

I could browse/connect to the Roon Core on another system without issue.

1 Like

After an update to Roon version 1.3 build 209 stable 64 bit the problem seems to be solved.
Thanks for your help.
E Jansen

1 Like