Shareable Playlists

It will be great if we can share our Tidal playlists with other Tidal subscribers. And, if possible, allowing us to rate the playlist accordingly.

4 Likes

+1 here - maybe by genre under the browse section.

What would probably work is making a copy of the playlist in Roon and then creating an xml export of that. Ok its not dynamic but it is one way to share.

https://tidal.com/playlist/eee249a6-40ec-4e9a-a077-2c941d31b525

Just to get the ball rolling… So there you go, you can share Tidal Playlists.

It would be great if we had Shareable Playlists? Hello!

6 Likes

Reading the Your Album of the Year (2018) topic, I kept thinking: Why can’t I click these to open the Tidal album in Roon? It would be cool if we could (for example) right-click an album or playlist in Roon and copy a URL that we could then share. Having “public playlists” in Roon would be really nice too.

3 Likes

Yep. This is definitely something I would enjoy. We could have curated threads on the Forum where users introduced a series of albums or tracks etc.

3 Likes

I agree it’s a great idea.
The nearest thing at the moment is to share a tidal playlist, which is a pain to create I know.

3 Likes

I wonder if Roon could:

1. Allow people to share their playlists or libraries with friends who also have Roon (just the list, not the music). I know it can be done through a link in Tidal, but I’d want it integrated in Roon.

2. It’d be even better if Roon automatically shared lists between 2 strangers whose lists have a lot in common (anonymized if the user checks off a privacy setting).

3. Along the same lines, Roon radio could use another user’s similar playlists as inspiration for Roon radio, rather than drawing from ~40 million Tidal songs.

Right now Roon radio has the impossible task of finding a needle in a haystack (probably just me getting old, but there is a ton of songs on Tidal that have no artistic value). The radio feature picks songs that are reasonable matches to the seed song, but to my ears these songs often lack merit.

AI is still a long way from a knowledgeable record shop owner, radio DJ, or even friend who’ll find gems you’ve never heard before. I bet the Roon community has a lot of music lovers that share the same tastes and can help each other discover new music.

5 Likes

Nice Idea. In the meantime, try reviewing the various music threads in the community for ideas:
What are we listening to [2019]
What we are listening to [2018]
Your Album of the Year (2018)
What we are listening to [20xx]
Your favourite albums?
High res content that sounds great
Your favourite 4 ECM albums?
Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk
Listening to Electronic/House/techno/IDM/EDM
What are you drinking now? [Pair with music for double points]
Now playing some Hip-Hop

2 Likes

A very modest response to a great idea. I was about to post a similar request but thought I’d check first…
Given all the related threads, suggestions, what’re you listening to, themes (e.g. cover songs), etc it is evident that the Roon community’s engagement and commitment is surely strong enough to make this a much used feature?

2 Likes

This is a pretty standard feature among streaming services. With how powerful Roon is, it seems like an obvious feature to have.

@Roon employees, any insight on if this software update is going to happen any time soon?

1 Like

The one thing I miss about Spotify is all the great community generated playlists out there. That said, Roon is full of music lovers. It would be awesome to be able to share our playlists with each other and browse shared playlists from inside Roon.

Obviously, some tracks will be unavailable if you’re missing eg; Tidal/Qobuz. That’s OK. Given Roon’s rich metadata, playlists could easily be recommended and arranged by genre, etc.

3 Likes

+1 for that idea.

1 Like

It would be nice to access and share Roon playlists with other Roon users when outside of the wifi network. (E.g. at a friends house)

Often times would like to recommend or share tracks from playlists but they are not accessible when roaming and as Roon does not save to Tidal playlists, this would be nice.

Simple suggested solution would be to make Roon server backup playlists to a cloud drive and then enable Roon mobile app to access them on the cloud drive via internet. (No access to roon server would be required which would demand more complex implementation)

any further thought on a feature enhancement around sharing playlists?

Like most of my great ideas, this one will be buried with me. I predicted and capitalized on Media Servers back in 2003. I’ll always have that as a win. Seriously, Bill Gates and Paul Allen had the Niveus Denali Media Server in their homes years ago. I was cutting edge, once. :joy:

Roon’s community is very active, there are lists here suggesting amazing musics, and there is no communication among us in Roon platform. The fact that we cannot share playlists is a serious issue.

I see myself in other services quite often looking for playlists. Idagio is amazing in this regard for classical music and this made me have a subscription there. Today I listen to classical music much more often there than in Roon.

I don’t know why Roon does not offer this option. I really don’t… The community is great and supportive. I’m sure we’d enjoy a lot to share our playlists - and not just lists here in this forum.

Please… shared playlists!!! This is a huge add-on.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Roon’s community is very active, there are lists here suggesting amazing musics, and there is no communication among us in Roon platform. The fact that we cannot share playlists is a serious issue.

I see myself in other services quite often looking for playlists. Idagio is amazing in this regard for classical music and this made me have a subscription there. Today I listen to classical music much more often there than in Roon.

I don’t know why Roon does not offer this option. I really don’t… The community is great and supportive. I’m sure we’d enjoy a lot to share our playlists - and not just lists here in this forum.

Please… shared playlists!!! This is a huge add-on.

3 Likes