Shareable Playlists

No not at all, my apologies if it came across as a criticism. I meant more to highlight that roon really aren’t in to playlists and so haven’t really paid any worthwhile attention to them.

1 Like

Lol not a problem. Now I have read many times of the ‘disinterest’ in playlists in general, but just had an inkling with the latest release that the yardstick had been moved :sunglasses:

Are we serious here…exporting to share outside of the service, rather than share feature within the service to another Roon account? Is there anything more archaic in 2022?

3 Likes

Hey @Kent_Wood,

Thank you for reaching out with your comment and for visiting Roon Community. Sharing of playlists is something that we’re looking at, it just hasn’t gotten here yet. Thanks for sharing your interest.

3 Likes

Hey Jamie. Sharing playlists is a no brainer. Think about how that fuels the Roon community. How that’s good for Roons audience and it’s Brand. No brainer. Brainer

4 Likes

Sean, you are bang on. this would be a great feature that would strengthen and fuel the Roon community and in doing so create retention and loyalty amongst its users. Sharing is quite fundamental to digital experiences yet roon lags way behind in this area.

1 Like

Another 9 months has gone by and still no word or ability on sharing within Roon with other users. I want to share the playlists I create…aka best way to bring in new users to Roon. I would have included that in the original release of Roon so as to not be behind the times all this time.

2 Likes

Is there a feature request for this that clearly articulates how social features / link sharing might work?

2 Likes

Not having this feature is about to push me to drop Roon…

I want to share a playlist with a friend, too.
Sad that Roon considers this unimportant.

Can someone please make this a feature request & solicit votes? This thread will not get noticed.

I just looked all around in roon to share a playlist - ended up having to search to find this…

+1
I should help guys

As I create a playlist for https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/11fmjsx/what_song_do_you_believe_is_100_perfect/? I can’t help thinking this would the greatest enhancement ever.

How does this have 4 votes…are people +1 but not voting??

Voted. +1 if there would also be a version for not just shared, but collaborative playlists. i.e. Multiple people can add to the playlist, or at least collaborators can suggest tracks that the playlist admin approves.

So I understand that nothing has been done to make this happen over past two years?
I do not really understand what is so difficult to make option to share or export playlist to file, or URL.I mean like all the music platforms, Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, etc has option to share playlists.
Its great way to discover new music or share findings with others.
Real shame that RoonLabs devs don’t think this may be a good feature for users but also for platform itself

I’m literally shocked there’s no way to share my Roon playlists with other Roon users. This is so basic in 2023! The ability to share experiences is perhaps, even more satisfying than the experiences themselves. I don’t think this is a miss. Feels like Roon would have deliberately made this decision in order to keep us sticky to the platform. Understand that we’re investing time to curate our own playlists that can only ever be enjoyed here. I wish more users would step up and demand this basic functionality!

1 Like

+1 it’s a much wanted feature… no brainer? Would be nice to at least hear an update from Roon on the topic and get a commitment.

Often I want to use a list for a particular occasion, e.g. a dinner with friends. I wonder if there is a feature in Roon where I can access other people’s lists of favorite songs. I think I could find many of those lists in Spotify. Is this something Roon does?
Thanks.