She & Him albums on Qobuz missing in Roon Discography (unless favorited in Qobuz)

Hi Jamie,
like this morning i get reasonable results searching for “she him”:

But a search for “she him volume” gets me nowhere… :slight_smile:

Notes:
I don’t have anything by “She & Him” in my library and use Qobuz for online content.

Hi @jamie , Recently updated to build 898 and still missing the “Volume” albums from Qobuz when entering “She Him Volume” in the search field. The versions that do appear are from my library and Tidal as shown on the screen capture below…

@Mikael_Ollars you’re digging some Ahmad Jamal! Nice! :fist: :boom:

1 Like

I have yesterday’s update, and I still don’t see She & Him Volume 3 when I enter the search string “She Him Volume” (or any other permutation I’ve tried).
I do see My Bluegrass Heart now, but I think it’s because I favorited it yesterday in Qobuz, which generally causes it to show up in Roon searches.

Same as before, none of the other albums in Qobuz show up, just the three Roon knows about and a load of EP’s

Hey Gang,

Thanks again for updating us about what you’re seeing on your end. In investigating further it looks like at least one of these albums is intermittently running afoul of our quality filters. We’re looking into a fix but please note that we can’t offer a specific timeline. It will go into the queue for system wide corrections that address how our filters behave.

For now, please add the She & Him titles that are missing in Roon search directly in Qobuz to add them to your Roon Library.

@sharpnine - Thank you again for the Bela Fleck report. I’m still investigating that but am happy to see that you’ve added it and can access it in Roon now. We apologize for the extra step it required.

1 Like

So that’s at least one of those albums Jamie, but we have three not showing up. So are there any further thoughts from the services connection team as to why the others don’t appear.? I’m asking, and keeping this thread going, as isn’t quite important when an album, any album at all, should be available in a streaming service yet not available in Roon? I would have thought especially in the artist discography, because that’s where most of us I would presume go to look for specific releases.

Hello again @Tim_Woodward,

We’re looking into what’s happening, currently we’re only seeing one title that’s triggering our filter erroneously.

However, some albums that are on TIDAL or Qobuz may not appear in Roon by intention. I discuss this a bit in the post below. (Please note that the She & Him releases don’t fall into this category)

I hadn’t realised you monitor for quality in that way as well… well we will wait and see what the guys turn up. I just presumed they were the usual ‘unavailable’ due to licensing that often happens, but because they played in Qobuz I thought it was odd they weren’t even seen in Roon.

Tell the team if they are hunting down poor quality recordings they can weed out of the 50’s and 60’s Jazz catalogue those Doxy, Reborn and many other rip off ‘remastered’ versions as well if they like! :blush: It sometimes takes me ages to locate the actual version released by the recording label themselves…

Funny you mention those dodgy Jazz labels, @Tim_Woodward… those illegitimate albums that masquerade as Jazz classics are one of the things that triggered the implementation of our filters.

We don’t want customers who are interested in exploring Kind of Blue, In A Silent Way, Giant Steps, or a host of other classics for the first time to be duped.

1 Like

While chatting on this subject (yes should send a message but others might be interested?) :blush: I have posted a request for ‘Versions’ screen to display the Label as this is really quick way to find the legitimate copies from say Verve, Capitol Classic, Jazz Masters, BlueNote etc… if anyone wants to go support that request it is here Versions, there inclusion in Daily Mixes and the Version display

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.