Showing (off) your Motorcycles

It’s @AceRimmer CB. I think he probably had similar first time round. I missed out on the 70s and 80s large bikes. Went from an xl 100 in the late 80s to a trx850 in the 90s. Now on a ktm990.

1 Like

Lol
Big Jap litre bikes of the 70/80’s gave rise to the term flexi flyer!
Thank the Lord for the GPZ600 which was one of the first of the mid sized race rep bikes that made those motors so much fun.
Had numerous CBR600 in my time and enjoyed every single one and even put 70k on one of them before some barstool half inched it​:angry::angry:

1 Like

Long gone 1981 Yamaha SR500. (Probably sold it 15-20 years ago.)

1972 BMW 2002tii sold a couple years after that. (Wish I still had that one!)

sr_4

5 Likes

Heck yes to both!
Had both and both are missed!
I made my sr500 into a flat tracker and it was so much fun around the Yorkshire roads.

1 Like

I loved that the SR500 was kick-start only. Like a manual transmission in a car, it made for a great theft deterrent!

1 Like

Just ease it over TDC then a healthy lunge and it would growl into life.
Nobody I knew had a clue how to start it :joy:
But it didn’t half vibrate!
After a good long hard run I needed to tighten quite a few bolts and screws back up!

1 Like

My wife would kill for one of those…cant say I wouldnt mind one either. Rare as here in Singapore.

1 Like

Two tiny kids at the time, and just didn’t have the space or the time to devote to it. I think I sold it in 2006 or so.

Seeing the prices on tii’s these days, though, it would have been nice to have kept it!

Did a 100 mile loop this afternoon as it was a nice sunny day.

5 Likes

I had one of those; miss it.

2 Likes

I regret everything I’ve ever sold. But, I would need more storage and the proceeds funded the next “thing”. Still have a ride though.

Been for a ride and passed through here on the way round.
There is a link to two of the L.P’s that I have played in the last few days to this village.
I wonder if anyone knows what it is?
Also a link to a well know motorcycle racer.

2 Likes

Yep, I have regrets also.

I had a '81 Gold Wing. That was when the fairings and bags, etc. were just bolted on and one could buy a stripped version. Bike was a monster.

Oh yeah, and my '92 Fat Boy.

1 Like

Nick Drake‘s home village, there’s a gathering most years …

http://www.nickdrake.org/

The late, great, Mike Hailwood … such a tragedy.
I assume you paid your respects (to both Mike and his daughter Michelle).

[Disclaimer Tanworth is just a stones throw for me …]

3 Likes

Correct on both counts. :grinning:

1 Like

Lets brighten things up with some new pics…

Except its now cream…

I’ve riden many, many hours on that bike, with a jokey shift :rofl:

5 Likes

Is the pillion expected to ride on the skis?

Um, corners?

Love the fishtail tips, hate the ape hangers. Still, beautiful bikes.

The guy who bought my last Harley put ape hangers on it. If I’d have known he going to do that, I wouldn’t have sold it to him.

4 Likes