Showing (off) your Motorcycles

I passed my bike test in 1978 and have been riding bikes ever since. Music , bikes and books are what I invest my spare cash on

3 Likes

I’m still out of hearts for a few more minutes, but my parents did let me have a minibike. 6’4" me apparently looked hilarious riding the thing. My friends kidded me unmercifully.

1 Like

So this landed on Friday to replace my Honda, i need spring it’s either raining or freezing in the UK.

5 Likes

Nice bike! Congrats!

The weather is nice at the Dakar, the Moto looks ready………are you?

I know the feeling, the river Severn has flooded the roads around here ,non stop rain the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to longer hours of daylight and warmer sunnier days.

One of my riding buddies ordered a custom GSA back on October - arrived this week and he took delivery today. I’m sure it’s quite different for the Europeans on the forum…takes a long time for the bikes to make their way across the Atlantic and then across the US.

Was 44F/6.7C, which passes for a rideable day around here this time of year.

This is his new GS alongside my around-town electric.

5 Likes

I’m a wimp - 18c or below and I’m staying in!

Chance of rain - forget it

2 Likes

My nearly complete project…. 1225cc bott race rep Guzzi. Should be awesome! Just gotta get the motogadget electrics programmed! Also Roon enabled workshop to keep me calm :grimacing:

4 Likes

Side shot would be good.

What a beautiful Guzzi. Love that distinctive v-twin profile.

Did you somehow add that distribution block? It looks factory. I also like to play with electronics though because my tourer is a BMW I can use an ezCAN (which I’ve also used in other BMWs). Fairly simple affair and can do things like ignition-switched phone chargers (without a physical relay) and blinking brake lights when braking or slowing.

I’m curious what you’re installing.

Thanks folks🤗 I’ll add some better shots when she’s out of the workshop… shouldn’t be long now!

The Dymags cost a mint, but the motogadget stuff has taken all winter to do. Keeps me busy!

Getting warmer by the week

I’ve got my eye on the weather in France - as soon as it looks good for a week, I’m off…

1 Like

Hey gTunes, I’m replacing all stock electrics with motogadget kit so a complete rewire apart from the ecu/ignition. It replaces all relays and fuses and adds lots of functionality. Again, more details later! I’m an inveterate bike fiddler and this will be my last build - honest!
See motogadget stuff here….

1 Like

Nice! Look for forward to more pics in the future!

Soon, meanwhile……

:sleeping:

2 Likes

Just found this thread. Here’s a picture of my ride.
2012 Victory Cross Roads

And one with a custom painted fairing:

And the custom chrome rack on the back (my design):

6 Likes

Sunny day , how could I not resist going for a ride

7 Likes

Picked up a new toy recently. Now just need to put more miles on it.

5 Likes

7 Likes