Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Perhaps you could make a post in the Tinkering category of the forum to let us into the secret of how you integrated this into Roon, and what the capabilities are? Dank je!

2 Likes

Not much to share, I’m afraid – the knob controls Sonos (assign Sonos zone to knob in IKEA app) and as such – indirectly – Roon. Same as using the controls on a Sonos speaker or in the Sonos app while Roon is streaming.

No, I don’t. All open plan downstairs – and the other zones are spread out over three floors.

No bass problem here – in my room, the Play:5s responded to the TruePlay treatment very nicely. I adjusted the treble downwards a trifle, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

here is my little roon setup

i have a NUCi7 with r.o.c.k as core, a lot of fine music on a synology 1813+ NAS
ethernet to a Metrum Acoustics AMBRE as roon endpoint
I2S connection to a Metrum Acoustics ADAGIO Pre/Dac
neotech XLR cables to my active ATC SCM45A pro speakers

on PC desk i use roon with a Pro-Ject RS Digital Box connected to Adam Audio Artist5 active speakers

6 Likes

You’re absolutely right. Spending big bucks on a piece of hardware with terrible usability but great sound sounds very familiar. If in reality most music listening takes place on the road or in the kitchen usability must reign high.

Just wired up my new Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra. It’s a wireless Roon Endpoint with USB output. Currently using an inexpensive Topping D10 DAC to get me started. I expect a fancier DAC might find it’s way into my system in due course. But for now it’s sounding great! Very pleased with the sound into my Croft pre and vintage Radford valve power amp.

8 Likes

Clarity of priorities is good.
Did you see this?
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-or-music-related-anecdotes-jokes-cartoons-anyone/36153/570?u=andersvinberg

1 Like

Yes. I distinctly remember spilling some tea over this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Josh is a great Bass player and a fine chap

Keeping it simple -
KEF R5, Hegel H190, NUC8i5BEH with 2TB internal SSD running ROON and Qobuz, sMS-200ultra ROON end point, sPS-500 PS.
This is a great sounding system.

17 Likes

Love the RCA dog.

Quick question: what is the blue box?

Thank you :slight_smile:
Ill take a look

Thanks. The blue box is a Netgear GS105 network hub.

Least expensive “box” in the entire setup. :laughing:

KEF seems popular. We are several to own this brand. I really like it.

Hi, Michael

Looks like a great set up.
Are running AudioQuest cable, if not what are you using for cabling. (Digital and Analog)

I hope that “Rationalitis” disease is curable.:rofl:
If that malicious virus infects many users here, before science finds a cure, we are all lost.
So many snake oil companies will be put out of business.
Be well !

3 Likes

Listening room / library:
Focal Electra 1028 Be2, NAD M10, Nucleus+ with 2TB SSD, Cables by Audioquest (speakers, power, ethernet), Quobuz Studio.
The Focal are sensational- vive la France!
NAD (not bad at all) may be replaced next year by Hegel H390 as soon as it will be Roon-ready.

Living room:
KEF LS50 wireless (WIFI to Nucleus+), REL T5 sub.
My wife allowed me to buy any stereo as long as it is white and small.
Excellent combo, no WIFI issues at all.

16 Likes

Thank you. I’m using AudioQuest GO4 speaker cables, AudioQuest Cinnamon ethernet cables and Curious usb cable. I’m not running any analog cables in this system.

Even if it is still a little early, I have added some Christmas lights to the stereo…

!

Camila Cabello doesn’t sound bad …

But John Denver is more appropriate for the Christmas season…

He’s already looking forward to it :wink:

20 Likes