Here is my main rig (and current “office”):

• Tekton Double Impact speakers
  • Oppo UDP-205 (Sabre ES9038PRO DAC)
  • Nucleus+
  • Pro-Ject 1Xpression III w/ Ortofon 2M Black
  • Lounge LCR MKIII phono preamp
  • Parasound Halo Integrated
  • Yamaha rx-v775 AVR (for multichannel)
  • PSB Image 6T speakers (for multichannel)

14 Likes

Social-isolated contingency space:

-MacBook Pro 15’ running Roon
-Audioengine D2 d/a converter
-Focal Shape 40 monitors
-IsoAcoustic stands
-Wireworld cabling

7 Likes

My modest desktop set up, at some point I would like a bigger desk, monitor and some KEF LSX speakers. All in good time.

11 Likes

Thanks!

Living in China, I got this from a cheap local manufacturer.

1 Like

Your router looks like it could sub in for the top of Minas Morgul! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha, you are right, it does. Never thought of that. :grin:

My entire system at the moment, while “stuck” interstate (first world problem, considering the dire situation many face around the globe).

A firmware update will come soon that will allow a basic hearing test and then EQ all your music, for your own hearing profile… Welcome to the future.

8 Likes

Who’d have thought you could put your auditory profile into domestic hardware. Anyway, enough about the stapler.
What are the headphones like?

2 Likes

Hilarious! :joy:
Sister company of Jabra make hearing aids.

Sound good with my own custom EQ via their app.

Should sound better with my own hearing profile, when that firmware update comes this year.

I expect this to further develop. Jabra have a bit of a head start with their in-house connections.

1 Like

Im still awaiting my Smyth Research A16 to be ready…sigh its taking forever.

Okaj, this is my work setup!:

The poster in the background is done by myself as a passtime during a slow week last summer.
It is a mosaic built up by my photos of all of my LP’s. Looking a bit closer i imagine you kan spot some albums you recognize! :smiley:

37 Likes

Outstanding :+1:

4 Likes

What he said ^^^

2 Likes

Got an office too!

MacBook Pro
RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Bose Computer MusicMonitor

I would like to have bigger speakers, but I have to set priorities. Antique desk, or functional desk.

Workbench:

Mac Mini
Feniks Audio

17 Likes

Still considering myself fortunate to be working from home so far (i.e. getting paid), This is the business end of my office:

… and this is the pleasure end:

I have toyed with the idea of moving the coffee machine in from the kitchen so I could happily self-isolate for several months, but the missus says NO! Btw - would a microwave oven interfere with wifi? :smiley:

19 Likes

Microwave looks crap with your guitars. Coffee machine? I go for a walk now. :coffee: :doughnut:

1 Like

Thank you Ian, This is good to know. Yes, pretty special and verging on the exotic end of HiFi.

Interesting 1,2,3 list. I built myself a streamer which included an OCXO clock and a SuperCap power supply and can also confirm the clock and supercap added something.

I have found measurements are a good start yet not always best sound IMHO. e.g. I am an occasional Headphone user (1 or 2 times a week) spent years auditioning/buying many headphone amps few where satisfactory. The best measured headphone amps just did not cut it IMHO then found good amps (not best measured) with large power supplies where more satisfying … I can equate this to the ability to overtake a sports car being in a bigger engine saloon car (as you have ‘the DAVE’).

Your personal experience’s and comparisons are gold dust.

Thank you for the reply, again.

My social distancing desk. Audioengine A2 fed by Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital and Roon on my Mac Pro.

15 Likes

That’s my daily view right now.

Intel Nuc 7I5BNH (roon Core)
Macbook Pro
KEF LSX

17 Likes