Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Hello all,

here is my small digital headphone-setup:

• PecanPi from OrchardAudio with Ropieee
  • 2x 3-Pol XLR EP1C-cable from AudioVerse
  • AudioTechnica ADX5000

Roon-Core on the ASRock BeeBox 7200U running ROCK, both powerd by HDPlex 200.
Sounds pretty good - have lot´s of fun with it :sunglasses:

The big headphone-setup is fully analog - sorry…

atb, Tom

10 Likes

Hi Everybody,

The music has a new home in the Atacama Evoque 60/40. Lovely well built rack housing Naim Nap 200 DR, Chord Hugo TT DAC & Preamp, Sonore UltraRendu all playing to a pair of PMC Twenty 24’s. Sounds lovely😁

11 Likes

What a great idea, used as an end table.

1 Like

No one and I mean no one is allowed to put their coffee mug there!!

5 Likes

HAHAHAH!!! That was awesome. keep it that way!

I think there are two kinds of audiophiles - the single system people and the multi system people. I’m pretty sure I’ll always be a single system person, choosing to upgrade what I have rather than buy different versions of what I have, but each to their own, I guess. Hobbies are endlessly interesting, and do different things to different people - part of the charm of it all!

I’ve got two systems in the garage that I play into the garden. What’s that about? Sad middle aged man methinks.

2 Likes

I am of the same thinking; all equipment is interesting, but I personally have a single audio system. I have a home theater that is completely separate, and both office and home have SONOS. I have not run SONOS as end points. The main system is in the family room, but it is actually used sparingly due to activities in the home,

12 Likes

How’s that new large iPad working out for you? I am sorely tempted.

@woodford I did! After hearing them at the NY HiFi show, where Mark did the trick of thinking was playing the big ones when he was playing these.

Red Rose was a great concept. A little too pricy to succeed I guess.

1 Like

Much better. I slogged through season 2, only because I’m a fan of the series and Morgan. I don’t expect it to mimic the books (though the Expanse does quite successfully) but, c’mon, all it does is mimic the worst of bad cinematic sci-fi (and I use the term sci-fi in its pejorative sense). Apologies, I realize this is off-topic.

1 Like

Hi everyone! This is my first post here!

My “journey” started in 2016 with a quite simple A/V system and gradually evolved to a set more dedicated to hi-fidelity music, although the multichannel system remains in place and is widely used.

In my stereo system, I used a pair of Dali Epicon 2 bookshelf speakers. I sold them last year and ordered the new Audiopax Mandolin Ceramik floorstanders. Until I receive the Mandolins, I will be using a pair of Paradigm Prestige 75F, borrowed from the multichannel system. I confess I am very anxious to receive this new acquisition!

A set of the 4th generation Audiopax M5/M88 amplifiers powers the stereo system. Truly amazing amplifiers with an incredible vintage look!

Recently I added a T+A DAC 8 DSD to the Roon based system. Another fantastic piece of equipment! I am really enjoying this outstanding DAC!

There is also an analogic set with a Rega RP6 turntable + Exact2 cartridge, and a Schiit Mani phono amplifier.

The system is in my living room in Brasília/Brazil, and all the pictures on the walls are, in fact, acoustic panels “in disguise”. Great WAF!

Here is my system’s description:

2ch/mch

• Dell Gamer i7 + W10 + Fidelizer + Roon + HQ Player 4
  • Sonore Ultra Rendu
  • Ultra CAP LPS 1-2
  • T+A DAC 8 DSD
  • Audiopax M5 a4 (preamplifier)
  • Audiopax M88 a4 (single-ended Class A1 monoblocks)
  • Paradigm Prestige 75F
  • Dali Opticon Vokal
  • Dali Menuet
  • SVS SB 2000 subwoofer
  • Cambridge AZUR CXU Universal Player
  • Cambridge CXR 200 receiver
  • LG 75" 4K HDR

Cables

• Floorstanders: Auditorium A23
  • Central/surrounds: Supra Ply 3.4s
  • Interconnect: Auditorium A23, QED Reference Audio 40
  • USB: Curious Cable
  • HDMI: Audioquest Cinnamon
  • Optical: QED Reference Quartz

Power chords

• LessLoss Reference & LessLoss Original
  • Fusion “The Enchanter”

Analogic source

• TT Rega RP6 + Exact2 Cartridge
  • Schiit Mani (phono premplifier)

Headphone Sennheiser HD650

37 Likes

I just like to be able to listen to music in any room and to the best I can for my budget. This has changed several times hence the spares and I do like to experiment. I have my limits and don’t need to spend huge on main system as it’s wasted on my ears so why not distribute it around. We all like what we like and that’s what matters as long as we keep the music flowing.

2 Likes

Hell yeah nothing wrong with that Ged.

1 Like

Very cool.

1 Like

Minha nossa bora comprimentar! Great taste indeed, it surely sounds real good too.

Abs

I have two the same as you I can do that with and a DAP that’s less intrusive also. I don’t want headphones all the time either so I can have speakers as well. It’s all about choice. I’m lucky to have quite a lot of it. :slight_smile:

Obrigado pelos comentários Efe_Te!

And yes, the system sounds like heaven on Earth!

Abs!

1 Like

Would she be comfortable with the SONOS amp (very small) and a very small set of highly resolving speakers with a small subwoofer (attached to the SONOS subwoofer out) placed out of the way? That likely could be done without intrusion into the family room. SONOS would play Qobuz and TIDAL for example would be accessible.

You likely know of the small tube integrated amps that may meet your needs. That may be fun.