Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Update… Polk PSW505 subs out, JL Audio e110 subs finally back in after 3 years of them sitting in the closet with faulty amps.

10 Likes

Which colour is that on the Yvettes?

Yvettes are GT Silver

1 Like

Did you send the e110’s back to JL Audio for repairs? Curious because I’ve had an e110 in the left rear corner of the living room for a year or so now. No problem with the unit but do want to be prepared.

Started with an F112 V2 in the front right corner. The F112 setup procedure (with MIC) exposed some hidden noise makers in the walls of my older house. Felt like I was inside a baby rattle. I had to remove everything that could shake or rattle during the process but I could not get to whatever is enclosed in the walls. It was difficult to complete the setup process for that reason. I plan to remove the paneling and whatever it is rattling, rewire the room, add sound insulation and soundproof Sheetrock or a double layer. After that is done I may get another F112, link them together and run the setup process again as a pair.

But for now the setup with F112 right front and e110 left rear gets the job done.

Nice setup your have there.

I just sent the amps to JL, not the entire subs. Just four small bolts through the heatsinks. Because I live in central FL and they are in south FL right near Miami, it took just over a week turnaround. One was repaired under warranty, the other one not.

I’m glad I got them repaired finally. Even though the Polk subs do an amazing job, I completely forgot just how much better these little e110’s sound.

Some better daytime pics…

12 Likes

Originally got the JL Audio subs because my tower speakers (B&W 685’s) were a little anemic in my living room (18 by 25). The subs filled the void with one in front and one in back, and do sound good. Then I upgraded my towers to B&W 702 S2’s. No longer feel the need for additional Bass with music but its there when I want it, and they really add room shaking realism to movie soundtracks. Enjoy…

yes, selling it all makes sense. I have more McIntosh equipment which is not even in the rack, more simple, the better. Eventually it makes sense to find a broker to move it all.

After so much complexity maybe you need some simplicity : )

I run DCS Puccini/Clock + Jadis + Sonus Faber Guarneri (originals), which of course doesn’t compare to the “real” systems on this forum, but to my ears is nice and fine (and zero maintenance).

You can always go back to complexity if you miss it
; )

1 Like

Great looking setup Sir.

Any thoughts on the Cayin Dac MKII?

My configuration:

Roon Server: ROCK
Mainboard: ASUS H370
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700T
RAM: DDR4-2666 16GB
SSD OS: Samsung 970 Evo NVME 250GB
SSD Data: Samsung 970 Evo NVME 1000GB
Case: HDPLEX H5 with HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX

DAC: T+A MP 3100 HV (Roon Ready)
Amplifier: T+A PA 3100 HV (with APM Tone control - signal processor module)
Speaker: Focal Sopra No 2

22 Likes

Hi,

This is a step up compared to the dac into the McIntosh.
I love the ability to stream32 bits / 768 kHz and DSD 512.
I also love the different filters.
Many in and out connections for every need.

Only Display is a bit tiny.

To sum up, I am really happy with it and not sure if I could here any noticeable difference with a much more €€€€€ Dac.

Love your TA amps
Not very known in France but I was able to hear some of them once: just great and I love the design

@tom_biggs If you follow Richard’s suggestion I wonder, did you save all the boxes? :smiley:

1 Like

Sold the Nucleus and have upgraded to an Innuos ZEN MK3 4TB server.

7 Likes

Hi

Can I ask why « upgraded » as I looked at the processor of the innuos and it seems less powerfull.

I was thinking about leaving my Nuc and going for a nucleus + or an innuos but the futur proof kind of make me sceptical regarding the price…

Of course if it for another matter it is ok! as nucleus is only for roon. :wink:

I have the PA3000HV and PDP3000HV, the CD drawer action is pure silkyness

‘finished’ the setup; install the turntable and swapped the Merging out in favor of dCS. Added some treatment. Sounds pretty good now

14 Likes

Made some changes:

McIntosh C49 preamp/DA1 DAC
Lumin U1 digital transport with Morrow Audio Reference USB
Roon Nucleus w/1TB SSD is now connected to the LAN only
Clearaudio Champion Level 2 TT, Unify tonearm, Benz Micro Wood LS cart, Morrow LP7 phono cable
McIntosh MC352 amplifier w/Audioquest Wind XLR interconnects
McIntosh XR100 speakers w/Audioquest Comet speaker cables
JL Audio E112 subwoofers w/Audioquest Sub3 interconnects
Pangea Power Cables on all components
Apple I pad 10.1 Roon Controller
Chang Lightspeed CLS 1000 power conditioner
Mapleshade Racks, Plinths, and Footers
GIK Panels (4 large and 6 slim)

18 Likes