Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Very nice setup! Looks like a great room. I like the way you’ve laid out your gear. Those small stands on wheels get the gear up off the floor without being obnoxious. Interesting speakers!.. I visited their website. Were they custom made? Love the look of them.

1 Like

thanks!

the amplifier stands were made by sound anchor, as was the center stand for the powerplant and ambrosia pre-amp.

ohm offers a range of veneers, but they will probably work with you if you find an alternative you prefer. i too love their look (my wife refers to them our robot companions.) it’s been decades since i first heard and lusted after the original ohm f’s in a showroom, but was too poor to afford them.

CAT3 if you look closely. Sometimes all the way up to CAT6.

Very modest with reference to some of the rigs posted here, but I’m very happy with my new bedside/portable headphone rig. A Ravpower battery powering a Pi 4 in a Flirc case running RoPieee, driving a Dragonfly Cobalt attached to my slighted ragged Oppo PM-3s.

14 Likes

Looks familiar, and sounds great too.

I had to scroll back - missed your shot of your set up :slight_smile: I think the only difference is I added the usb tail as I was worried about inadvertently stressing the USB port on the Pi. Probably overkill.

I have had a number of different versions of that. The latest includes a screen.

3 Likes

I thought about adding a screen but as I’ll mostly use mine for listening in bed, when I already have an iPhone and iPad next to me, it seemed like overkill. Maybe for the next build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my humble system, the Zu’s have since sold so I have just the esl 57’s music stored on a ssd to my Sonictransporter (in the office) then via cat6 to my UltraRendu

Add images

10 Likes

Sounds like a giant step up to me… :smiley:

Sheldon

That’s a lot of clocks…

1 Like

My Roon System:

Music server:
Intel I7 10700
Mobo Gigabyte B460M DS3H
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB/2666
SSD Samsung EVO970 Plus NVME M2 for system
SSD Samsung 870QVB 4 TB for music files
JCAT USB Card XE
JCAT Network Card Femto
HDPlex H5 2ed fanless case
Custom external LPSU
Window 10 OS, Fidelizer

Network switch: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN

DAC: Denafrips Terminator Plus

Headphone Amp: Manley Absolute & Vioelectric V281FE

Headphone: Abyss 1266 Phi CC & ZMF Verite

AC Power Regenerator: PS Audio PS10

7 Likes

Those are the analogue version of the Tice clock…
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’ve got the same speakers and don’t place them like that.
Get some speakers stands because they need room to play.

1 Like

It’s a temporary place now, next week I’m shifting to my permanent place. I have got a pair of stand delivered there already… I’m sure I will have a good time and enjoy it more…

Great acoustic panels, same as mine, now all you need is a diffusor sitting on top of the amp blocking the window. It looks cr*p but it sounds great!

I don’t have the eyes of a cat , which is why I missed the black one on the sofa

1 Like

Great Setup :+1:

Nice! have you used any other DAC’s besides the Denafrips? I’d assume so since they are pretty expensive. If so, which ones and how do they compare?

Like the way how you match the color. :wink:

Which amp/pre do you use? Any recommendation for pairing the 57’?

Thank you. Happy new year!