Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Hard pushed to remember the artists off hand, only have a couple dozen 78,s but do have about hundred mono albums which typically were produced upto about 1967.
I got the 78,s along with an old bakelite 78rpm player that is fully functional to join my collection of vintage bakelite am radios.
Still working on how to add Roon to them though :thinking:
Maybe I should start my own museum!
:innocent::grin:

1 Like

Hey Alex, there are worse places to be exiled than West Sussex ! (especially with your setup)

Like Stoke?

1 Like

When I click on my avatar I must first go to Preferences and then Profile. I have had a short bio and picture of my system since the beginning of my Roon trial. I’ve clicked on many members avatars in the past and very few have put their systems there. I’m glad I asked the question and hope that more members will take the time to fill out their profile. Thank you Geoff.

5 Likes

I think many here don’t know that is even an option. I didn’t. Though I do like to scroll through and see systems in one thread.

2 Likes

This is a good idea. I’ve updated my profile with something similar. I’ll replace the photograph when I can get a better photographer than me (so anyone else) to take the picture. Thanks, @John_Kaster and @Geoff_Coupe.

1 Like

Its a BDI Corridor

Hey, Im not complaining, I was just making the point that I don’t live in Wales. I love W
Sussex.

So to continue on from my system posting, Im looking to move up from the Hegel, so much choice any recommendations to confuse my mind further?

Added a cover to

my TV and some Vicoustic Products… Ah the little things!!

34 Likes

Please share the list of gear. Are those custom subs in the corner? Great looking (and I am sure amazing sounding) system!

System consist of-
Wilson Audio Yvettes with IsoAcoustics GAIA I’s
Hegel H590
Chord Dave
Chord Mscaler
McIntosh MT5 TT
McIntosh MP1100 Phone Pre Amp
Roon Nucleus
2x HDPLEx 500W LPS
SOTM sCLK-OCX 10 Master Clock
Sonos Connect Wyred Sound Upgrade
Interconnects- WireWorld
Speaker Wire AQ Rocket 88’s
Power Cables - PS Audio, WireWorld. AQ
Room Acoustics- Vicoustic Multifuser DC2, In the corners are Vicoustic Vari Bass Ultras set at 50hz
Maybe missed some items…
I enjoy my setup every single day !!!

13 Likes

I recently upgraded my system with new speakers and new amplifier.

• Focal Aria 948
  • Lyngdorf TDAI-1120
  • Roon core on Intel NUC
  • QNAP Nas
  • Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo with Ortofon 2M Blue, Acryl-It, Clamp-It

The TDAI-1120 is a Roon Ready integrated digital amplifier with RoomPerfect, allegedly the best room correction system.

I’m still experimenting with speakers placement, Lyngdorf suggests to put the speakers against the wall because it make life easier for RoomPerfect. I’m going to try that soon.

But so far, I’m enjoying this very much :slight_smile:

33 Likes

i like the credenza too.

You’re talking about the media console? That’s a BDI.

1 Like

That’s lovely Alex. What is the cabinet?

Room perfect is excellent - I’ve used it for 10+ years in several Lyngdorf amps and in several rooms

Although it does significantly resolve tricky room issues, I’ve found it works best when you get the basics right (e.g. speaker and seating position) and then apply it - it then makes good become amazing!

I’ve also found it’s best not to over damp or treat the room; RP largely negates the need for diffusers or absorbers and having them in place can suck a bit of life and air from the soundstage

I do use a pair of diffusers on my back wall, but I’m using Quad ESL, so it pays to tame their rear energy - the rest of my room is pretty bare (see the garish colour scheme ‘Burple’ above)

Regards
Andy

PS. I have a Lyngdorf TDAi-2170 for sale, there’s an ad on here somewhere - anyone can PM me for details (UK)

4 Likes

Thanks
It’s a combination of Hue and Govee LED strips - such fun! :grinning:

1 Like

Fantastic looking and I am sure sounding system. I most enjoyed trying the music you are playing its great.

1 Like

It is, and it is a really nice sounding album. Especially the first track.

1 Like