Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Hi,

https://www.terralec.co.uk/speaker_grilles_and_connector_plates/metal_speaker_grille_68101215_and_18/20017_p.html

I fit them using a thin bit of cotton of the same colour as speaker looped over the speaker binding posts. You can then easily remove when listening. Little piece of blutack on the grille base at 6pm holds them in place!

1 Like

That’s great thank you

Kevin

Lovely room!

1 Like

My Naim system in a custom rack.

The Roon ROCK (a 4Tb Intel NUC- NUC5i5) unit is placed upstairs directly connected to the broadband router and a direct Cat7 cable goes to the Naim ND555 streamer from the router - no switches in between.

The system comprises of
Linn LP12 (Karousel bearing, Kore subchassis, Ekos arm, Hana SL cartridge, Lingo PSU)
Naim Superline phono stage powered by Naim Supercap2
Naim ND555/PS555 streamer unit
NAIM CDX2 CD player (very rarely used)
Naim 252 and Supercap DR pre-amp/PSU
Naim 300 power amp
Naim Headline/Hicap DR PSU headphone amp
PmC Twenty5 26 speakers

I bring the speakers out into the roon when listening properly!

Other devices include 2 Naim Muso in Sitting Room and Garden Room, Naim Unitiqute 2 with Q Acoustics 3030i speakers

23 Likes

ATC SCM11 and a Hegel H190 in the livingroom in our new house.
I bought a H190 because of its power and sound.
My girlfriend wanted the H190 because of the PAF/WAF.

I have Roon up and running in offline mode.
Our fiber provider has not been able to deliver broadband, not even after promises of «it will be ok in a few days».
Happy listening to my local library :cd: :cd:

24 Likes

I like your ATCs. From the size, they almost look like 19s. Nice speaker stands, too!

Main system:
In the Optimum hifi rack:
Icon audio BA3 tube buffer
Anthem STR Pre
Cocktail Audio X45
Emotiva BasX A500 (centre/surrounds)
2 x audiolab 8200mb (L/R channels)

L/R speakers are Quad Z3

Under the TV:
Kef Q9C
Arcam Av 950 (Movies/PS4)
Out of shot: Kef iQ3 rears

Laptop on the floor as I’ve been streaming MotoGP today :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Best addition to our system: a second PS5.

6 Likes

Thanks Paul.
These are SCM11, they will be for some easy listening while reading etc.
The room and outside area are long from ready… but musicis a must :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just beautiful. I’m upgrading my NAP2OO DR with an Avondale total refit. Should match a 500 on all accounts. How are the new 26’s?

Thanks, I am enjoying it. The 26s are great. I had Twenty 24s before, in fact they are now for sale. The 26s sounded better when I upgraded from a 250 to the 300. I think they need powerful amp to sound their best.

1 Like

And a cycling fan to boot. You’re alright, friend!

1 Like

No offence, but I prefer the kitty!

1 Like

You’re probably right, the amp upgrade is always going to make a difference I too had 24’s before my 26’s albeit the Twenty range and GB1i before that. Just love how well matched PMC is with Naim or vice versa.

1 Like

Love your Siesta chairs – my favorite listening chair! Ever worry about the river flooding with the electronics on the floor? :wink:

Siesta chairs work well, they are very comfortable.
The river is approx. 3 meters lower than the garden, and it is swollen because of massive rain fall.
I think we will be okay…

Ha, good eye. I was surprised nobody mentioned that earlier. Past experience has shown a lot of music people are also into cycling, photography and good food/drink.

1 Like

Saw this pic on the Line Magnetic - lots of tube fun there! :blush:

Some AE1 actives on the favourite auction site, I would however pass them by and offer a hundred pounds less on the price of the Adam tensors that are on there too and a few classes above most actives in my opinion.

twenty-eight to be precise.

1 Like