Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

The Accordo Essence (like the original Accordo) are voiced forward, they somewhat image the soundstage in front of the speakers instead of between it (if that makes sense). They are very expressive in this regard so I wonder how that would sound in combination with close range listening.

What I meant with that a smaller room is favorable when it comes to room correction is the amount of absorption and reflective material needed in order to get good results. Unlike you I don’t have acoustic walls :stuck_out_tongue: So it’s going take some effort to get rid of those unwanted reflections.

I’m hoping the tell part is coming next. What are those speakers I’ll never afford?
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can just imagine what my wife would say if I suggested sacrificing a room for that! Let alone the cost of the equipment. Nothing against Yury, it looks amazing :+1:
I don’t tend to look at this topic very often, as it makes me feel like ‘The Little Match Girl’ :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Great pictures thanks, I’m currently thinking about auditioning the Accordo Essence, I just have to find a dealer that isn’t a day’s travel away…

The speakers mast be look beautiful for wife easily approves of them. Well, the full cost does not need to be reported.

10 Likes

My Sony TC854-4 R2R player is 49 years and 3 days out of warranty and already giving me trouble.

6 Likes

Don’t mind the mess. We had family over last night. On that note, the Christmas Tree does in fact good ole’ fashion bubble lights on it! :D

12 Likes

A purfect system?

3 Likes

Wow, How do the speakers sound?

I described the sonic qualities of the Accordo Essence speakers in my post.

Size wise a small change. But pretty big as speakers go. After all we “live in the mid-range”.

Guesses on before and after?

Four screws per side. Takes about 10 minutes to totally change the vibe. Like two speakers for the price of three

10 Likes

Laptop with Roon to Bryston BR-20 (USB)
Bryston BR-20 to Bryston 4B3 (XLR)
Speakers: Legacy Signature SE

22 Likes

Hi @RPlace,

What driver replacing the audio nirvana?

Didn’t notice before that you a fellow audio nirvana driver user

Good eye. I’m using Voxativ 1.6 eight inch drivers. With a dedicated baffle for each it truly is like having two sets of speakers.

If I may guess, with the Voxativ 1.6 in place, it makes the speaker more laid back presentation than Audio Nirvana

1 Like

@RPlace

Audio Nirvana Super 8" Alnico in 80 ltr Back Twin Ported DIY cabinet driven by SUN Audio 2A3 Tube Amp rated 3.5 w x 2

18 Likes

Spot on! The ANirvana have more sparkle, more in your face. More of a live feel if you will, but a tad edginess. With the wrong recordings they can be off putting (not really their fault).

The Vox are easier all around but sometimes lacking impact. However their midrange is killer. With female vocals simply sublime.

When I swap from Vox to AN I go WOW! When I swap from AN to Vox I go Ahhh.

I think the Voxativ image better, blending together seamlessly but still with distinct instruments. While the AN are more distinct on the instruments but not collectively on the same page.

What are you running Audio Nirvana’s in?

2 Likes

Ha, must have been typing when you post you picture. Very nice!

Haha fully understand the Ahhh :grinning:
Its frequency response graph says it all, therefore I add a zobel network and a notch filter to flattened the frequency response as well as the impedance load.
It makes a lot of differences

1 Like

Mine are the super neodymium magnets. I have the Alnico in an Oris 250 horn as a center channel for HT. Of all the gear I’ve sold I miss my 2A3 mono blocks the most. 3.5 watts of heaven