Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

If there was no vibration you wouldn’t have any sound.

4 Likes

Exactly, but if I pretend any vibration is relevant I then have to move the Powernode out of the room entirely.

You’re making an assumption about my speaker cabinets playing at low volume that is not going to provide you the result you seek. Please accept that.

I DO understand vibrating hardware ain’t ideal overall. Once again, this is only a temporary setup that only needs to do what I need it to do for the moment.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thought the furniture in the background would be a better place for it but if it is temporary then it matters not.

This is the system in the Shed…

Upgraded the streamer / dac to a Bluesound Node running through the Rega iO amp and Beresford switch to the Q Acoustic 3050’s for two channel. The Beresford switch means I can then select the Apple TV and X Box running through the Sony AV amp to Epson projector onto 103” screen for 7:1 Atmos for movies.

One advantage is with the app on the Apple TV and showing on the projector I can remote the Roon Core on a Mac Mini M1 in the kitchen and send to the Node \ Rega for 2 channel listening.

The kitchen Mac is hardwired via Cat 6 shielded cable.

This working from home is a lot more pleasurable with a shed in the garden.

The air conditioning/ heat pump was also well worth the investment. I realise the system is very “budget” compared to many shown but it all works faultlessly and it’s a great space that’s used by the whole family.

Finally the turbo trainer connects via Bluetooth to the Apple TV running Zwift so you can pedal and use the big screen whilst listening to music via Roon.

Before front speaker upgrade (and Airconditioning) but you get the idea. Also my son who is much fitter than me.

In the living room Sony TV and AV Amp with Q Acoustic centre and Mission 753’s and surround speakers

The kitchen … Mac mini as a transport to iFi Zen Dac to Onyoko amp (in cupboard) to Q Acoustic bookshelves.

Finally Mac mini M1 to LG TV is the Roon Core and kitchen computer

Final one youngest bedroom - Arcam Apla 5 plus with Celestion 5 speakers through Apple Airport

55 Likes

This is all very inspiring. Just added Bluesound Node and 3 PulseFlex2i speakers grouped together and all streaming Roon from my 2016 MacBook core without difficulty- speakers connecting to Bluesound by Wifi, Bluesound hardwired to Google Wifi point in tbe living room. I can control playback both in the Roon Player and the BluOS App. Haven’t quite worked out how to control playback for all 3 speakers with the remote at the same time- works easy enough in BluOS. Our abode is too humble (read:messy) to show pix, but I wanted to celebrate that everything works!

It would be great to have a video to explain in depth how your system is wired @brennan_peyton!

4 Likes

Acoustic treatment install recently completed. Now awaiting my upgraded speakers (B&W 802 D4) and amplification (D’Agostino M400mxv) to go with my beloved MSB Select II DAC. Really excited about how this room/setup has shaped up!

62 Likes

MacBook Pro > RME ADI-2 DAC fs > Adam A5X / iLoud MTM / Sennheiser HD800S

Core is running on a NUC upstairs.

21 Likes

Is that a Focal sub in the front right corner?

Hi @Vincent_Kennedy - It’s actually a Sonos sub. For the most part, I use the B&Ws (by themselves) as a two-channel music setup, and switch over to a Sonos system (Arc + Sub + Play 1s) for home theater. I may swap out the Sonos gear for other stuff at some point, but I’ve prioritized building out the music rig first, as that’s what I use most by far.

That makes sense. I thought it an odd pairing for a two channel rig.

The 802 D4 are going to be a nice addition. I was close to getting a pair but decided on Sopra 2’s. Both are excellent choices.

I hope you enjoy them.

1 Like

what a setup! can only imagine how it sounds…
those speaker cables and cords behind the stack look thick!

1 Like

Thanks, @Roasty! It sounds wonderful. The cables are all made by Shunyata (as is the power conditioner), with the exception of the interconnects between the DAC and amp, which are from Analysis Plus.

3 Likes

Nice. I have a pair of Adam A5X on Soundrise stands on my desk as well. I’m feeding them with a Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3.

1 Like

Moved to a new place.
Setup: roon Nucleus via USB to Beolab 50.
roon is controlled via iPad mini and iPhone.
Volume is controlled via B&O Essence Remote and/or BL50 web interface on iPad/ iPhone.

34 Likes

finally! the last piece in place - a pair of line magnetic 812 iconic speakers, an enhanced replica of the lansing iconic.

35 Likes

B&W 603
Lyngdorf TDAI-2170
Roon Core on iMac
Streamer: Bluesound Node 2i

21 Likes

Not sure about a video, will try and sketch it out. To play the speakers together just use “group”

You can only group the same types together (airplay or bluesound)

2 Likes

I love my Adam A5X speakers. I use them at a weekend home in a room about 15 x 25.

4 Likes

A bit of a blast from the past (and OT - apologies) - from my Facebook memories 11 years ago today, my iPad 1 running Splashtop to control iTunes on my Mac Mini. (I seem to recall the Remote app back then being rather flaky!)

I was trying to Roon before Roon was a twinkle in the developer’s eye! Small wonder I bought a lifetime license within 36 hours of starting the trial!

For context - my Mac Mini was connected by optical to a Denon AVC-A1D THX AV amplifier and B&W CDM9NT speakers.

10 Likes

Now that is a fantastic looking set up.

1 Like