Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

And what an amazing view.

1 Like

yes, yes it is!

Excellent! It’s what this hobby is all about, when it comes together it’s almost a spiritual experience … no it IS a spiritual experience! :innocent: :smiley:

4 Likes

This is mine!
Love da sound!

46 Likes

Great view

2 Likes

Be thems ProAcs? Me love the ProAc… was never into the ribbon tweeter though, how do you like? Must be pretty darn slappy in that room with no floor coverings…? Are you a dealer? Why do have a Nordost card out front…? :smiley: Enjoy, looks like it sounds great. (But, need rugs. My ears twing just looking at this picture. :smiley: )

2 Likes
  1. I prefer the warmth yet not too soft sound from ProAc. And the ribbon tweeter works pretty fine in my room.
  2. Yes, I’m a dealer :smiley:
  3. The answer above answered the Nordost card question.
  4. My room has been design from ground up in order to meet ITU broadcast standards (ITU 775), so placing a rug in this room will be optional and not gonna have better acoustics improvements.
4 Likes

Speakers : Audio Note AN-E Spe-HE slate edition
Amplifier : Audio Note Oto Phono Signature
DAC : Chord Qutest
File storage : Tidal + Synology NAS DS620

57 Likes

Great set up!!
How do we get Roon I formation and album art on flat screen?

5 Likes

Lovely setup. How are you getting Roon to the Chord DAC?

Thank you. Sincerely to this day I am fulfilled. the Audio Note products are just amazing.

The Roon server is installed on an Intel Nuc10i7. The dac is connected via usb to the Nuc.

1 Like

Hey Kev,

Nice speaker but I don’t see the Turntable…maybe that will be added with the second stereo speaker? :wink:

4 Likes

To get Roon Display on a TV Screen, you use an Apple TV and Airplay with an iPad. Or some equipment, like an Oppo player that work with Roon will display basic artwork and track info but not in Roon’s format.

I don’t have any turntable. The other small speakers are used for home cinema (the central is in the cabinet).

Hi Laurent,

LOL…That comment was for my 3000-miles-away East-coast-buddy and UK transplant Kevin AKA “The Hammer”. I tease him quite often about his antiquated playback methods! :sunglasses:!!!

5 Likes

You can install the Roon Remote app on your Apple TV that will then control your core and output to your chosen endpoint. The Apple TV can then be used to browse your library etc but the audio will go to whatever endpoint you select as the Apple TV via Airplay isn’t great.

17 Likes

7 Likes

I didn’t know that there was a Roon compatible phono cartridge. :rofl:

9 Likes

Not sure if it can handle advanced DSP functions though…

5 Likes