Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

:wink:

8 Likes

…a work in progress…

40 Likes

I think the stand for the Dave costs more than most people’s DAC :grin:.
I’m just jealous!

:+1:

6 Likes

Yep, and it arrived 4 months after the Dave (Chord have changed to a new anodising company) It just looks “the part” with the stand though :relaxed:

2 Likes

Pet toys she is a Shih Tzu and they do not shed. I vacuum them every couple of months.

2 Likes

And now for something completely different. My Roon setup is all about multiroom and home automation. So while I can’t provide a pretty photo, I can provide a diagram.

This is actually an oversimplification - as there is some automation via the Home Assistant extension as well that I haven’t included.

Note the A&R Cambridge A60 Amp - still going strong after 30 years!

6 Likes

Above 80 Hz: Ino Audio i14
Below (way below) 80 Hz: Ino Audio infraX-6
Preamp: Marantz NR1510
Amp: Emotiva XPA5 (first gen)
Disc source: Pioneer UDP-LX500
Image streaming source: Apple TV

(not in picture)
Intel NUC NUC7I5BNH running ROCK
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B running Ropieee

24 Likes

Martin, you have very interesting speakers. I don’t recall seeing that configuration before. Are those six separate speaker enclosures?

I wish I could hear it.

Hello Vincent,
Correct, separate enclosures, three per stereo channel. There is an active filter as well, handling the crossover with a function to compensate for the natural roll off of a sealed box to lift certain frequencies a bit.

I rarely play loud, but no matter at what sound level I listen and no matter the material I listen to, there is only a slight movement of each 10" woofer.

Previously I had them stacked as two standing towers, but a recent change of the room, I am now trying them out laying down horisontally instead. At the moment they are a bit too much shifted to the left, so the setup is not fully symmetrical. This will change eventually.

2 Likes

Finishing touches :slight_smile:

44 Likes

A little more detail…

I’m about to blu-tack the sub to the floor, the cloths are temporary and for mobility until later today…

28 Likes

Super nice super clean I love the wood panels :smiley: Great job!

2 Likes

Cat toys in my case. No stinkin’ kids in this house.

1 Like

Devialet Phantom Premier (Classic) Glossy 103dB: stereo setup photos

Hi all. It’s been an interesting few weeks dealing with Devialet. I ordered a pair of refurbished Phantom Premier Glossy 103dB to set up in 2-channel stereo. One arrived with a dent in one woofer, and was replaced by Devialet no questions asked. There were audio dropout issues (they sounds like “burps”) I wasn’t able to solve without going direct optical mode, which suits my set up just fine. I didn’t have such issues with a pair of Reactor 900 (Phantom II 98dB) in stereo.

Anyway, now that I had them working 100% I spent time with placement, and thought I’d share some photos as they may help with placement in your listening space. Of course every room is different, however the following could be considered a basic starting point.

Phantoms are about 1 foot from the front wall and toed-in towards the main listening position. They are approx 7.5ft apart and approx 9ft from the main listening position. The open archway behind lets them breathe without affecting bass. If no archway they may need to be further than 1 foot from the front wall in your space to get the best sound. They sound good closer to the wall if you’ve no option, but I found the sound opens up when further away from the front wall. I also use digital room correction with sofas, cushions and carpeting acting as physical room correction.

I really enjoy this setup.

Cheers.

18 Likes

Awesome sauce!
I can only imagine how good they sound owning a pair of the baby 95db Phantoms.

I am very pleased with them so they have to be stunning.
Congratulations!

The baby phantom reactors you mention are impressive. I thoroughly enjoyed mine for the two years that I had them as my main source. In a smallish room you don’t really need the full size phantoms.

Nice set up! How do you like that Volume control? I wish I could add one to my system…love the idea!

Thanks!

The nuimo remote is awesome @DrCWO !!

You should be able to add one if you’re running rooncore somewhere in your system

1 Like

…and for now, twilight capers or, the foot foto :relaxed:

31 Likes

Ahh, foliage. One of the Universe’s better extrusions. Feet, not so much.

3 Likes