Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

It’s a slanted ceiling, it starts at around 2m40 on the left side (window side) which is usual I suppose, but then rises to about 3m50 where the blue wall is. So yeah, it’s high.

1 Like

Well thanks. Most of my furniture is just Ikea … nothing fancy :wink:

1 Like

Oh… Well the RTR has been in the system for a few weeks now that I already posted about a while back, hence why I didn’t mention it. But it’s a mint RT-1020L.

Also, a few more pics…

16 Likes

My favorite kind of listening room, one that is lived in. :wink:

5 Likes

And somewhat cozy as well. :grin:

1 Like

@Charles_Tidwell ,Must have missed it sorry, thanks for the update .

Look mum: no wires… Roon on vacation:

The outdoors isn’t too shabby either:

30 Likes

If I read this correctly, it’s the Netherlands. And I love the Netherlands in Spring.

1 Like

So do I. This is Limburg (in the south, near Germany and Belgium). If you look closely, you can see the little lambs. :wink:

2 Likes

I spent 18 months in Maastricht, absolutely loved my time there. Lovely area.

1 Like

How do you reach selections at the top of your racks? Keep a Ladder handy?

How do you like those Apple HP’s? I use the exact same pair for daily 3.5 mile dog walks…I love them for wireless use! And there is that cool volume knob…damn I wish I could use that on my main system! Looks like a great “Roon on vacation” set up!

Love them – even more so since I still spend obscene amounts of my working day in Teams. Music SQ is fine for wireless phones – and easy switching between MacBook, iPhone and iPad is a godsend.

Can relate – I got volume knobs all over my house for my main system. I like them so much, I even brought one on holiday (it’s in the pic :-)).

1 Like

I replied to my previous post for this update to have a quick link back to the original on the media room remodel.

The back wall between the sunken living room and the back bedrooms and HVAC closet, with the wood framing built on top of the foot high slab to the rest of the house, needed a lot of work. Nothing was level, plumb or straight in this 60 year old house. The old wood paneling was against the bottom foot tall portion of the slab and old bathroom/HVAC leaks, before our time here, had left black mold along the bottom of the wall and under the old flooring. A lot to clean up before starting the build.

Had the room wired by qualified electricians with permits, new and more plugs throughout, new recessed LED lighting in the ceiling, ceiling fan mount attached to the steel I beam in the vaulted ceiling, and the electricians ran the ceiling height speaker cables for me. They also ran power from the media closet isolated circuit to the TV and sub locations. The mostly new LR wiring is separate from the media closet.

One hat channel with whisper clips and spacers attached to the slab wall provided separation and the straight base line for the rest of the wall going up to 11 feet. Had to add a few studs for spacing then 4 inch rockwool insulation and covered that with 1/8 inch mass loaded vinyl to seal off the existing wall.

Took lots of spacers and 3 inch screws to attache the whisper clips going up the wall to keep it straight and plumb. The channels are spaced at 24 inches vertically with clips at 16 inch horizontally going up the wall. First layer of 5/8 plywood, instead of douple sheetrock, is up with screws to the channel spaced at 6 to 8 inches. A lot more than the minimum requirements but it’s solid, straight across the length and plumb from floor to ceiling.

I ran all new 12 gauge speaker cable and sub cables through the ceiling space and down the walls between the hat channel clips and routed as far from the house power lines as possible. Hope that eliminates cross contamination.

Ready to install the Quiterock soundproofing sheetrock now but currently waiting for the cases of Green Glue Noiseproofing compound to get here.

The soundproofing done so far apparently works pretty good. I was up working in the living room until 1 AM, power sawing, drilling, driving screws and impacting with my wife sleeping in the master bedroom and she didn’t hear anything. That is without the final layer of green glue and soundproofing sheetrock.

Lot of work just to listen to music and movies. Plan to put the surround system back together and check out the sound in the new quite space in about 2 weeks. Can hardly wait.

4 Likes

Been there, done that, condolences…:wink:

17 Likes

Lovely setup. Love the rack, who makes it ?

A great vinyl spinner in the Viella Forte! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me most remodels requires the purchase of more tools. I had to add a few items to get the job done. My Festool collection is growing. After my wife saw them in action, in our living room, with the dust collection system and very little clean up she is more accepting of the cost factor. Took a major renovation for the sound system to get there. Now if I could just figure out how to do the same for sound equipment upgrades?

2 Likes

Festool=absolute best dust collection system out there!

1 Like