Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Hey Fabrice,

I’ve never seen a TT with a “Garage” for the Tone Arm!!! Pretty Cool! Mfg’er?

Hi Larry,
Actually this is a cover/lid that comes as an option with Kuzma turntables (Stabi S - Kuzma Professional Turntables, Tonearms and Accessories)
Still, this is just a simple but smart piece of acrylic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice - looks terrific!

1 Like

Is the number of wine bottles matched to the LP collection? One bottle per LP or music evening?

4 Likes

A word on the monitors?

Pair of Apple Studio Displays VESA Mount.

yeah… they good? downsides you noticed? thinking about getting one
thanks.

:smile:
Red wine, martinis and whisky :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Simple streaming:

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803d3

• exclusive use of TabbyDampers (great for uneven surfaces but otherwise unpredictable!)

MU1 is inside the cabinet

51 Likes

D3 or D4? Both are beautful, love your cat too.

After been spoiled for 5 years by a 2017 iMac 5K there is no way I can’t work with less than 218 ppi so the ASD is a must have for me. I tried a pair of LG Ultrafine 32UN880-B 4K and didn’t get used to them. Kept one of the LGs in my bedroom setup and the newer one went back to Costco.

Thank you. D3. Have been enjoying them for some time. The feline is the latest generation (turbocharged model).

2 Likes

Aren’t all cats turbo’d, especially after 1AM?

1 Like

Keeping that booty warm! :grin:

9 Likes

Someone at my workplace is using one in the office. Looks pretty good. But 2 of them are really expensive for what you get. The 5k resolution is nice but I would prefer a small OLED TV for less money and risk the burn in every 5 years or so.

1 Like

Love those B&W speakers. Got my eye on the 802 D4’s. That’s probably as close as the rest of my body will every come to them.

5 Likes

kind of in the same place, have been using different models of iMac since 2014 (I guess…) I tried in the past a DELL 27 4k but could adapt to it, it was just not at the same level of the iMac screen.

I will give it a shot.

The 802 D4 would be my likely upgrade too (have read many positive user reviews). But I fear my wife would cause me bodily harm. :wink: I have made quite a few changes this last year (like many other audiophiles) and the setup is truly enjoyable. Time to simply enjoy all the music available via Roon + Qobuz.

4 Likes

I still have a few classic film bodies kicking around. My favourite film camera was the Nikon F5. So robust, you could hammer nails in with it.

Gradually getting back into photography again after a prolonged hiatus. People keep telling me that mirrorless is the future, but I’m still not sold on the AF capabilities compared to a flagship DSLR…

2 Likes

That’s a lot of coin for something that only cover 85% of AdobeRGB.