Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

The Verge have been BRUTAL on this monitor and they are absolute Apple fanboys. Even after last week’s update they are only scoring it a 6 out of 10.

@Enrico_Castagnetti what’s your use case, just general computer work?

General computer work (web surf, emails, docs, etc), Pro Tools and Logic Pro X, Autocad, Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop. Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop are not my main use. But I do really appreciate sharp text and color accuracy out of the box. The ASD out of the box is fantastic and very accurate:

2 Likes

Fair enough, maybe a video editor issue, but it’s rare for them to have such complaints on an Apple product.

Out of my price range and needs (as already have a 28" 4k LG screen and a 32" gaming screen), but I thought it looks fantastic so was disappointed to see them have serious complaints like that, and they went back and forth with Apple for weeks

I had a pair of LG Ultrafine 4K 32UN880-B Ergo displays and had to return them because I wasn’t able to get used to them. I tried for the sake of savings but been spoiled for so many years by an iMac 5K Retina sharpness was an impossible task for me to archive. I expend between 8 to 12 hours in front my screens daily so sharp text is most definitely a number 1 priority for me.

From this:

To this:

7 Likes

Beautiful setup :+1:

Are those LED lightbars above each monitor?

Yes Sr, that’s correct. Those are BenQ ScreenBar Halo.

I have hoods on my BENQ monitors, though I work with the blinds drawn and my room is lit with 6500K high CRI LEDs.

I used to be a working 'tog, so 99% Adobe RGB and full colour calibration was a must for me. Used to use Iiyama monitors until I discovered that BenQ’s photography monitors had all of the performance at a significantly lower price point.

1 Like

I have BenQ monitors. I used to use a LaCie Electron 22 Blue with hood.

1 Like

For me that’s the big issue with apple products, more buck than bang…

3 Likes

Also a BenQ monitor user…

3 Likes

Did a little upgrade tonight. Out with the Ortofon 2M Bronze, in with the…

14 Likes

My latest change to my main setup Bryston BR-20, 28B3, Piega Coax 311 and Rel S5. So far pretty impressed with the sound.

13 Likes

Showing my digital domain… Implementing the switchless environment, make direct NIC2NIC connections between NAS, NUC ROCK and HQPlayer Embedded server for 2ch contents. Still need a qualified switch for Ravenna/AES67 tho.

*NUC ROCK and Mac mini both added a USB RJ45 dongle as second NIC.

1 Like

Always blows my mind how much stuff people have before the HiFi even starts : )

3 Likes

The Jedi Master of the HQPlayer world ! :grin: (@jussi_laako is Yoda)

I’m just a Padawan :cry:

2 Likes

Analog updates may be performed regardless of the Roon release status. Well balanced, you don’t look completely scratched up afterwards.

The discussion about sound improvements can be omitted.

What is the cabinet?

Another BenQ user here - fantastic monitors.

1 Like

nice :slightly_smiling_face:
100 actives are my dream…

meanwhile i took scm45 actives and got a stunning sound too

and a Tip for interested: If they look to big in your room, buy a 77 inch Oled Tv and they look way smaller :rofl:

21 Likes