Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

You can’t wrong with any ATC :wink:

2 Likes

As a Parasound fan, I am green with envy.

So cool.

Our 2 Person Home Theater

32 Likes

Thanks! Functionally and aesthetically Parasound Halo is an excellent choice. A note on the bass amplification: the Samson is a rail-tracker that delivers watts below 70 Hz; that is its only mission. An audiophile amp working class AB with big linear power supplies - a full-spectrum conspicuous performer - would not have been a good choice for this. The A23 amps are ideal for the other bands. The oldest has been in service for 12 years and works perfectly.

???.. Sorry, didn’t understand that post.

@Carles I struggle with automatic translations on the language. I thought it was so great that you not only remember to update the software and digital devices, but also update all the devices like the turntable with the latest components. The old technology is analog and today everyone wants digital streaming. Who still puts on records and takes care of the right needles, tares everything well?

1 Like

Twin Stressless recliners. Very nice.

Looks like a full 7.1 channel setup, also very nice.

1 Like

No worries. Sometimes, auto translations and auto spells simply don’t work properly. It happens all the time.

Yes, I still love and actively use analog components in my system. In fact, if you look at it, I have more vintage components than I do new components. Well actually, probably closer to 50/50. But, even the vintage gear looks and operates as if it is all new.

For the past two weeks solid, I’ve been playing nothing but CDs, LPs, and tapes. Haven’t even looked at Roon/Qobuz this entire time. LOL

4 Likes

You need to meet The Hammer as I think he plays Vinyl and Cassette tapes every day!

1 Like

TheHammer is dead!
Long live AceRimmer!
:rofl::innocent:

11 Likes

I also still have old analog technology from the 80’s and 90’s, but have given away my large vinyl collection, my CDs and cassettes except for one each for unit testing. Rarely do I still digitize because there are music services. But some of it is only available as second hand.

Now I struggle through Foobar2000, Roon or other programs that have a few downsides in addition to all the advantages.

Better than life :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Haha
And only a true Dwarfer will get that one sir!
Well played smeghead!

5 Likes

Been waiting for the right moment to post it, that seemed it :grin:

I prefer the SmeeeeeegHeeeeeaaaaad version of that expression of affection :joy:

3 Likes

Ok
Last dwarfer post I smegging promise.

“I tell you one thing. I’ve been to a parallel universe, I’ve seen time running backwards, I’ve played pool with planets, and I’ve given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I’d taste an edible Pot Noodle."

10 Likes

James,

They are Ikea Besta with some extra screws for the shelves and the 28B’s stick out through holes cut in the back of the cupboards. I have found that most other components fit with only holes for cables but it is tight.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks. 7.2.4 , All Sonus Faber speakers with 2 Velodyne sub woofers. The acoustic treatment was huge as was Room Perfect.

1 Like

I get what the 7 means (center, front left & right, side left & right and rear left & right), I can even take a guess at the 2 (2 subwoofers) but the 4 has me stumped.

Lots of us do. Please take a look at these threads:
Turntables
The Vinyl Bar

1 Like

4 overhead Atmos speakers.

1 Like

Well that explains why I didn’t understand what the 4 meant, it was over my head :rofl:
Thanks Jim!

8 Likes