Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

[quote=“woodford, post:1655, topic:173220”]
I correct that the 551 has a headphone jack, on the back?
[/quote

Yes, it has a headphone jack on the back.

1 Like

Main listening Room

Cornwall IVs
McIntosh MC275 (highs)
Pioneer SX 1980 (pre, lows)
Chord Mscaler, Chord Hugo TT2
RPI Roon Bridge (ethernet)

42 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Jared_Buckby!

That’s a very nice rig. The Cornwall’s are fantastic.

Great setup, and a true amalgam of old and new! Odd, but really interesting! :slight_smile:

The dog seems to be enjoying it.

1 Like

Love the vintage Pioneer next to the McIntosh. Pioneer and Marantz were works of art in the 70s

Love the rotary dial phone! Also what turntable is that?

My guess is Music Hall, not sure of exact model. Any other guesses before we find out? I had one in the past and the green glass platter and black plinth look familiar.

I’m thinking of buying areis ceret DAC and pls how is the sound quality?

Yeah compromise with my wife. The plants and phone ‘soften’ the speakers. Had to get perspex for the tops so no damage or scratches can occur.

Turntable is Rega P3. One day I intend to swap it out for something with a wooden plinth maybe pioneer or Lin LP12.

Thanks @Vincent_Kennedy. They pushed my JBL L300s into a spare room which I wasn’t expecting. They are fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks @Mikael_Ollars. My collection has been a slow build over the years, Roon has made it just that much better. Unfortunately the tubes are off until I find a solution for the heat. Looking at fans or heat shields. They are drying out the wooden cabinet which will lead to cracking if I don’t be careful.

1 Like

So glad you brought that up. Putting a tube amp in an enclosed space like that is amp abuse, never mind the woodwork.

As for the Pioneer, I know how you feel. I had a Sansui 717 integrated amp back in the day. Wish I still had it.

1 Like

Sounds so good :drooling_face:

Bonjour,

2 x PC DIY
WS2019
Roon / Serveur / Bridge mode séparé
Double PC Fanless - Xeon / I3 / Batterie-IFI Power

Speakers DIY
AMT Mundorf
Satori 5"
Beyma 12"

Amp
Kinki EX-M7

DAC
RME adi2

31 Likes

This is only my opinion and only with roughly a month of use but I have been very emotionally connected to the music more so than ever with my DirectStream DAC. So much so I have decided to sell off my vinyl system and add the Aries Cerat Incito S preamplifier to my system. These two are supposed to complement each other extremely well. I will find out in a month or so as I honestly am not sure it can be that much better than my Ray Samuels Audio A-10 Thunderbolt II.

2 Likes

Thanks and please update me because it seems I might go the same route with areis ceret system.

I know. I was persuaded by a very nice man at Magna HiFi to ditch my much loved Chord Hugo TT and upgrade to the MAY KTE. Wow, so glad I did. Best DAC I’ve ever heard!!

2 Likes

The Eksonic T2 finally arrived. Been really looking forward to this one:

(Pictures by Kerry)

24 Likes

Those speaker baffles look the dogs bollocks :+1:

1 Like