Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Noooooo!
Don’t do it!!
:astonished::confused:

4 Likes

Nice, I have a blue hawaii to drive my 009 & 007, curious as to what you are using.

I am using 007 and 009 (mostly the former). Prior to getting a T2, I drove them with a BHSE as well.

At least he has the good sense to realize the future is digital to the best sounding tunes!

The Naim Nap 200 DR conversion to Avondale NCC300 is complete. Picking it up Saturday and photos to follow. This is my end game amp, caps guaranteed for 20yrs, so I hope I’ll only have it serviced once before I curl up my toes (I’m 58):rofl: it beats paying £22K for a NAP 500​:slightly_smiling_face:

As a loaned Amp for the last week I cannot praise the original NAP250 enough. Okay it’s been recapped but for a twenty year old amp it’s still impressive​:musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

9 Likes

I have silver bumper NAT02 tuner , bought it new in 1989, never seen another ever.

12 Likes

Wow, I think it’s the first time I’ve seen one as well🙂

92.7 BBC Radio 4?:slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, 10 char

At last! 10 days in the making and 2 years of indecision. Finally got it home. My brand new Avondale NCC 300 MKII with new improved power supply and speaker protection. 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Will need fifty or so hours to get the caps right and then should be knocking on the door of a NAP 500 after hearing all qualified reviews. Thanks to Simon Hamnett of Hamnett’s Vintage HiFi for the build and Les Wolstenholme of Avondale Audio who is the genius behind the design. I’m a very very happy man!:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Biamping with dual Audio research Reference 75 power amps and one audio research Reference 3 as preamp.

Active crossover (waiting for Phil Marchand to get my new one) for a Usher Audio cp 8571 II 3 way speaker system that keeps de mid/high passive crossover and no bass passive crossover with DIY Neotech NES-3003 speaker cables.

Clearaudio Champion Level II SE turntable with Smart Synchro,SME 309 tonearm and Lyra Skala capsule, Ortofon 6NX-TSW-1010 phono cable and Audio Research reference phono 2 preamp.

Digital system consists of Innuos Zenith MK3 as roon core and streamer, DAC Denafrips Terminator plus, DDC Denafrips Gaia, Tubulus Argentus I2s y Wywires Diamond USB cables and neotech and furutech for clock sync.

Neutral Audio X-Cable Drei xlr cables and Mit S1.

Power cables Wywires platinum, Wires4music horus and Shunyata Python Helix alpha, plus some DIY neotech and furutech.

Artensania Audio Prestige racha and Belkin PureAV Power Console PF40.

Quite happy with SQ :wink:

40 Likes

You have most the favorite Roon user hobbies covered in the two photos: pets, coffee, guitars, art and vinyl.
Missing: whiskey, rugs and bicycles
Good job nonetheless and of course a very interesting and, I’m sure, splendid sounding system.

10 Likes

Hope this fix it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

38 Likes

Cats. My favorite creatures. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

At the risk of being split out into a separate topic, how does the Laphroaig four oak compare to the standard 10 yo?

3 Likes

Need more than a like/heart button. Sorry if off topic.

Wait I love that room, TT, guitar, media, espresso machine

2 Likes

More woody and sweeter. Prefer the 10 years Classic more :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You really need to get an coffee grinder and an espresso machine in a photo there and you pretty much have everything covered.:+1::clap::clap:

1 Like

I have the same Clearaudio Champion Level 2 table but with the Unifi tone-arm. Bought it 20 years ago and have never considered replacing it. Your system is wonderful, enjoy!

1 Like