Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Yeah, now you have it all covered. Nice bike although a little too much on the racing side for me. I’m more of sport touring and gravel bike rider myself. I’m also more of a bourbon drinker but I do like single malts for a nice change of pace.
Off topic: so far it’s been a very entertaining Tour du France and next week could be the best week of bike racing we’ve seen in many years. If you haven’t noticed Phil and Bob have been wearing Beyerdynamic headphones.

1 Like

Love the Cervelo S5! Maybe we roadies should make a topic with our beloved racing machines! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats Pablito! Adoré las AR 75 monofónicas, y todo el setup.

1 Like

I think your contribution would be welcomed at :-

Just beautiful. I would pay to hear this.
All that precision electronics poured into those dynamic speakers. I think that’s a good approach.
Are yo streaming?

1 Like

Good job.
And you can adjust the blinds for ‘variable room acoustics.’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Love the Road Bike…too,…of course under the watchful feline eye! Sweet looking Carbon frame…Maybe we need a Bicycle column…

Nice to see Froome give it another go…prolly won’t win but nice to see him out there.

1 Like

In 4 weeks time – Linn Selekt DSM Surround

14 Likes

Finished rearranging my equipment rack.

49 Likes

Hi there. Sound is quite good. Much better than room looks. Biamping and removing bass passive cx has beeing a very high impact thing, for good.

I Stream from qobuz, a Lot of Dsd local files and also vinyl :wink:

Another massive impact on soundstage has been the vinyl ikea storage thing. Lucky for the good hehehe.

People think a new DAC will improve their soundstage… error :rofl:

1 Like

How’s your room getting along? Any pictures yet?

1 Like

When I first set up Roon it was primarily for one dedicated 2-channel stereo listening space. Since then the system has expanded, and Roon has become more integrated into the rest of the house using Roon Ready gear. I’ve also used Chromecast Audio as Roon Tested endpoints. While Chromecast Audio works, it is a bit slower and doesn’t play gapless, however Chromecast devices are usually smart devices which means I can use my voice to navigate between tracks or stop music playback. That can be handy in the kitchen, for example.

I recently acquired a B&W Formation Wedge. While I’m not sold on its looks, its performance is really quite good. It’s built-in wireless mesh network talks very well with my wireless network, and the sound is well-balanced.

A couple of photos for interest. Cheers.

13 Likes

Wow all your listening rooms are like hi fi shop showrooms! Not a speck of dirt or dog hair and everything is neat and tidy and spanking shiny. I guess I’m just a slob who doesn’t care what the room looks like.

I’m kind of ashamed of mine now😊

The weak defense I have is that the space triples as a listening room, a study for my work and where I practice music. And I don’t have space for a beautiful rack to display all the gear because it’s taken up with work desk, bookcases, piano, music stands and sheet music. Oh well.

Lol
Don’t worry you are not alone.
I love majority of the spick and span systems shown here but do privately wonder if anyone actually lives in the same space?
My system room has a very lived in and somewhat cluttered look to it.:innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks. Honestly I’ve spent a lot of time getting my life organized and putting together decent storage space for stuff to avoid clutter. I still have more to do. If I don’t put stuff away it’s really easy to have clutter. At the end of the day what matters is if you’re happy with your space. It does feel good to downsize, get organized and sell or give away stuff. For example I gave away 8 big crates of books to a local library. Cheers. Enjoy the music.

1 Like

Someone singing my song. :grinning:

My world is cluttered and so is my head, my listening room is the only place which is, relatively, clutter free and allows relaxation with & without sounds. Peace perfect peace. :relieved:

1 Like

The Avondale Graduation PreAmp and PSU (left & right) on loan to try out. A great combination with my NCC300 below. Will be buying one, they are absolutely awesome​:musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:

4 Likes