Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Oops

13 Likes

Ok, you win! That’s messy :laughing: But if you move the pile of clothes, it’s passable!

1 Like

Very nice setup indeed… I would like to know where you found that neat low profile stand for your equipment in the 1st picture?

Hi,

If it my stand it’s a Solidsteel VL Series Vinyl Record Storage & HiFi Rack.

Cheers.

Personally, the valves would be better on the more stable-looking unit with the shoes, move the laundry to where the amplifier is.

4 Likes

nice shoe rack.

6 Likes

That’s strategic. It “mass damping”. Improves the bass. :grin:

4 Likes

Makes the system more sure-footed. Doesn’t sound as good without shoes.

7 Likes

Special “acoustic treatment” :rofl:

1 Like

Welcome to the smallest room of my house… the toilet! To make a toilet-visit more convenient this 1952 RCA Victor portable radio plays 50’s and early 60’s hits from my Roon library. It’s equiped with a Raspberry Pi-Zero with 2-Watt amplified audio-hat and running Ropieee. It’s controlled from my Domoticz home-automation server so it starts playing whenever the toilet light is turned on, and stops when the light is turned off. I’m wondering if this is the ‘oldest’ Roon Endpoint in the world :slight_smile:

49 Likes

That’s really great. I hope you warn visitors though!

3 Likes

What does (did) the important special switch do? Lock the dial? Great looking radio btw.

1 Like

Very very good.

Here is an Album track list from James Brown you could consider streaming :joy::joy:

2 Likes

It will flush the toilet. That reminds me to make a warning not to use it while still sitting :slight_smile:

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Screenshot_20220826-112830_Chrome

8 Likes

Song named Cold Sweat, for when the toilet visit doesn’t go as planned? :sweat_smile:

Doing It To Death… After eating too much chili and then having to visit the toilet. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,

McIntosh C2700 (phono branch S4A Premium / digital branch PSVane S-Art tubes), McIntosh MC312,
McIntosh MT5 (System Grado Reference 3)
Meitner MA3
Wilson Audio Sabrina

If I have a lot of time, I go to the headphone corner.

Naim Headphone Edition >
Grado GS3000X, Grado Hemp, Grado RS1X, Focal Stellia,
Audeze LCD i3 in-ear.

For Multiroom 3x Naim Mu-so Qb 2 Gen.

Roon on Synology DS420+ (SSD + 10GB Ram)

Best regards

43 Likes

7.3.6 Home theater setup: Trinnov Altitude 16 preprocessor to active Genelec W371A+8351Bs for L/R, 8361A C/Ls/Rs/Lrs/Rrs. Six passive Triad golds in ceiling driven by ATI 528NC. Three JTR RS1 subs.

Recording station:
PC → RME UCXII → Genelec 8341A + 7360 sub.

Headphones (2 stations):
Pi4+RoPieeeXL → RME ADI-2 FS DAC → Sennheisser 800S, 650

Living Room:
Pi4+RoPieeeXL → RME ADI-Pro FS R → MiniDSP 4x10HD → ATI 528NC → Linkwitz Orions (will be replaced by Linkwitz 521s soon)

32 Likes

An Endpoint at an Endpoint!!! :grin:

3 Likes

OMG!!! That’s a lot of black magic :joy: must sound amazing :facepunch: