Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

I guess we’ll have to ask Scotty about that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It’s a very large beast :wink:

1 Like

Japanese I’m going to guess, goes along with the fancy loo seats.

Probably drives like a dream.

2 Likes

It’s an AmaMedic Hilux 4D Massage Chair, and it’s every bit as comfy as it looks — but it keeps putting me to sleep, so I’m only able to listen to a couple tracks per session. Worth the trade off.

10 Likes

Impressive! :smiley:

Back in KC for a while now, so here is my KC setup:

The speakers are Sonus Faber Serafino Tradition. Turntable is a Rega Planar 2 purchased from a coworker, I upgraded to a nicer Grado cartridge. To the right of the center speaker:

SimAudio Moon 110LP phono stage.
Benchmark DAC3 L.

The cabinet sections from left to right:

The left section contains a switch, wifi extender, Roon bridge and a Benchmark AHB2 running bridged mono powering left speaker.

The center section contains a Marantz multi-channel amp to handle everything other than the front two speakers and a brick wall surge protector.

The right section contains a Marantz 8801 AV processor, and the other AHB2.

90% of my time is listening to 2ch. The remainder is sports or an occasional movie. The DAC3 L has an analog bypass so that when I do watch TV, I can pass the two front speaker analog inputs from the AVR through the DAC to the amps. For my music listening the AVR is not involved at all.

23 Likes

The new subs are installed & “first setup” attempt is encouraging, About an hour spent and quite amazing result for such a brief investment of time. Will now leave for a a few days and try again…

32 Likes

Looks great Paul and I am sure it will sound great as well.

1 Like

You’ll have to “pop over” and have a listen…

1 Like

Wat REL subs are you using? Did you use the speaker terminals or rca out?

S/812 x 2 using high level neutrik, I have an airship but currently it looks like I won’t need it….working beautifully with the accordos, hopefully I can squeeze a little more synergy from the combination….

2 Likes

Can you describe your set up? I’ve never seen those speakers, and… is the device in the middle a power amp? Or something else and you have amps behind the speakers where I can’t see them? Seems like too few boxes, or too few wires…. Looks great though!

Edit: found the speakers, I’ve not heard of them but they’re beautiful. Some superficial similarities to my Sonus Fabers, both Italian, I wonder if there’s some shared DNA…

Edit 2: Ha! I guess so! From Wikipedia:

Franco Serblin (born Gianfranco Serblin) (circa 1939[1] - 31 March 2013) was an Italian entrepreneur and designer, known for founding Sonus Faber[2] and popularising the smooth form which is imitated by many designers today.

1 Like

Replacing my KEF LS50 Wireless II with Harbeth P3ESR + Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 + SVS SB1000 Pro.
RoomPerfect worked beautifully in my open living room and now I’m enjoying music more than ever.
Sidenote: I prefer using Schiit Mani 2 phono than the inbuilt phono preamp of the Lyngdorf, to me the Schiit sounds smoother and deeper.

42 Likes

The black box = Chord Ultima 6 power amplifier, The front end, not in the photo, is Lumin U2 mini, Chord Mscaler + Dave & a few other bits and pieces…
Franco Serblin speaker designs appear everywhere including subwoofers (Rel 31 & 32) and his son-in-law is continuing running the company & developing new products.

2 Likes

It’s interesting you’ve ended up with the Subs and mains in the ‘opposite’ configuration than (so called) normal

Were you getting far too much bass with the RELs in their ‘recommended’ corner placement?

I have an S/3 SHO with my LS50Ws, and I couldn’t integrate that in the corner either, it ended up about 1/3 of the way across the wall - but still behind

I’ve had the subs for 36 hours so experimenting, but that said, the positioning is one of the two recommendations from Rel. Previous experience suggests that in my room better results are achieved moving away from the corners (I will try that location again sometime).
They, Rel, achieved remarkable results with a similar configuration at the Bristol Hifi show:-

8 Likes

It’s a dark art indeed!

Good luck :grinning::+1:

1 Like

the “wallpaper” or paint job, is stunning. beautiful room.

Thanks for your kind comments, it’s a paint job, I’m available for painting contracts :blush::pray:

2 Likes

Well I’ve just spent a small fortune lately.

2 weeks ago I’ve bought a Cambridge Audio CXNv2 streamer.

And I’ve just placed an order for a replacement for my aging hifi system.

Should arrive tomorrow.

I’ve decided to go for an all-in-one as I’m using the Cambridge for streaming. The Marantz has streaming built in as well, next to a CD player, DAB radio and Internet radio. Of the Marantz there are 2 possible color options. All black and silvergold. I’ve decided to go with the latter as it matches the Cambridge far better.

The Dali’s will replace my 1960’s/1970’s era Rank Arena speakers. I didn’t order a subwoofer as I still have a very decent JVC one.

Since the Marantz has 2 optical inputs I can also hook up my Bluray player as well.

As I’m not planning on going on a vacation this year, I’ve spent my upcoming holiday money a bit earlier then planned :sweat_smile:

Of course I’ll put up some pictures once they have arrived and properly placed :slight_smile:

Edit:

Just got confirmation through e-mail. All 3 items (the 2 mentioned and speaker cable) have been shipped. ETA around noon tomorrow.

Can’t wait. Already cleared out my old Hi-Fi so now waiting on the new stuff. :sunglasses:

14 Likes