The new subs are installed & “first setup” attempt is encouraging, About an hour spent and quite amazing result for such a brief investment of time. Will now leave for a a few days and try again…
Looks great Paul and I am sure it will sound great as well.
You’ll have to “pop over” and have a listen…
Wat REL subs are you using? Did you use the speaker terminals or rca out?
S/812 x 2 using high level neutrik, I have an airship but currently it looks like I won’t need it….working beautifully with the accordos, hopefully I can squeeze a little more synergy from the combination….
Can you describe your set up? I’ve never seen those speakers, and… is the device in the middle a power amp? Or something else and you have amps behind the speakers where I can’t see them? Seems like too few boxes, or too few wires…. Looks great though!
Edit: found the speakers, I’ve not heard of them but they’re beautiful. Some superficial similarities to my Sonus Fabers, both Italian, I wonder if there’s some shared DNA…
Edit 2: Ha! I guess so! From Wikipedia:
Franco Serblin (born Gianfranco Serblin) (circa 1939[1] - 31 March 2013) was an Italian entrepreneur and designer, known for founding Sonus Faber[2] and popularising the smooth form which is imitated by many designers today.
Replacing my KEF LS50 Wireless II with Harbeth P3ESR + Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 + SVS SB1000 Pro.
RoomPerfect worked beautifully in my open living room and now I’m enjoying music more than ever.
Sidenote: I prefer using Schiit Mani 2 phono than the inbuilt phono preamp of the Lyngdorf, to me the Schiit sounds smoother and deeper.
The black box = Chord Ultima 6 power amplifier, The front end, not in the photo, is Lumin U2 mini, Chord Mscaler + Dave & a few other bits and pieces…
Franco Serblin speaker designs appear everywhere including subwoofers (Rel 31 & 32) and his son-in-law is continuing running the company & developing new products.
It’s interesting you’ve ended up with the Subs and mains in the ‘opposite’ configuration than (so called) normal
Were you getting far too much bass with the RELs in their ‘recommended’ corner placement?
I have an S/3 SHO with my LS50Ws, and I couldn’t integrate that in the corner either, it ended up about 1/3 of the way across the wall - but still behind
I’ve had the subs for 36 hours so experimenting, but that said, the positioning is one of the two recommendations from Rel. Previous experience suggests that in my room better results are achieved moving away from the corners (I will try that location again sometime).
They, Rel, achieved remarkable results with a similar configuration at the Bristol Hifi show:-
It’s a dark art indeed!
Good luck ![]()
![]()
the “wallpaper” or paint job, is stunning. beautiful room.
Thanks for your kind comments, it’s a paint job, I’m available for painting contracts ![]()
![]()
Well I’ve just spent a small fortune lately.
2 weeks ago I’ve bought a Cambridge Audio CXNv2 streamer.
And I’ve just placed an order for a replacement for my aging hifi system.
Should arrive tomorrow.
I’ve decided to go for an all-in-one as I’m using the Cambridge for streaming. The Marantz has streaming built in as well, next to a CD player, DAB radio and Internet radio. Of the Marantz there are 2 possible color options. All black and silvergold. I’ve decided to go with the latter as it matches the Cambridge far better.
The Dali’s will replace my 1960’s/1970’s era Rank Arena speakers. I didn’t order a subwoofer as I still have a very decent JVC one.
Since the Marantz has 2 optical inputs I can also hook up my Bluray player as well.
As I’m not planning on going on a vacation this year, I’ve spent my upcoming holiday money a bit earlier then planned ![]()
Of course I’ll put up some pictures once they have arrived and properly placed ![]()
Edit:
Just got confirmation through e-mail. All 3 items (the 2 mentioned and speaker cable) have been shipped. ETA around noon tomorrow.
Can’t wait. Already cleared out my old Hi-Fi so now waiting on the new stuff. ![]()
Yeah, but when you take into consideration the small size of that room and the large size of the subs, the subs are STILL essentially tucked in the corners of that room.
Now in your room, the subs are 3 - 4 ft away from the corners, which is a better position.
Slight change to my new desktop, I swapped the speakers to a set of Infinity which seem to produce a fuller sound.
I also found this cable on Amazon which seems to have some sort of Dac in it allowing USB-C connection from my iPad into the Bluesound. At £7.99 it sounds rather good and seems to remove the need for camera connection kit and Dac, Apple Music says it’s playing Lossless.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B097DF3R5B/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I haven’t been able to replicate as per the Rel demonstration but Rel managed to corner “load” their subs due to the slim profile of the Kef Blades which were still placed in front of the subs.
It’s all a big compromise in the end…![]()
@PixelPopper You might want to have a look this nifty little iPhone app to help with setting up and fine tuning the subwoofers. People have been reporting the HouseCurve is a great help in getting their subwoofers properly integrated in their systems and listening rooms.
HouseCurve
My very humble set up:
Cambridge EVO 150
Monitor Silver 300 7G
SVS SB-1000 Pro
HiFiMan Ananda Stealth
Roon on wired networked NUC in upstairs office
(Complete with 80’s decor - haven’t got around to decorating yet!)
Thanks very much @Jazzfan_NJ I’ll have a look and give it try….![]()








