Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

Yeah, but when you take into consideration the small size of that room and the large size of the subs, the subs are STILL essentially tucked in the corners of that room.

Now in your room, the subs are 3 - 4 ft away from the corners, which is a better position.

1 Like

Slight change to my new desktop, I swapped the speakers to a set of Infinity which seem to produce a fuller sound.

I also found this cable on Amazon which seems to have some sort of Dac in it allowing USB-C connection from my iPad into the Bluesound. At Ā£7.99 it sounds rather good and seems to remove the need for camera connection kit and Dac, Apple Music says itā€™s playing Lossless.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B097DF3R5B/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

11 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to replicate as per the Rel demonstration but Rel managed to corner ā€œloadā€ their subs due to the slim profile of the Kef Blades which were still placed in front of the subs.

Itā€™s all a big compromise in the endā€¦:roll_eyes:

@PixelPopper You might want to have a look this nifty little iPhone app to help with setting up and fine tuning the subwoofers. People have been reporting the HouseCurve is a great help in getting their subwoofers properly integrated in their systems and listening rooms.
HouseCurve

My very humble set up:

Cambridge EVO 150
Monitor Silver 300 7G
SVS SB-1000 Pro
HiFiMan Ananda Stealth
Roon on wired networked NUC in upstairs office
(Complete with 80ā€™s decor - havenā€™t got around to decorating yet!)

29 Likes

Thanks very much @Jazzfan_NJ Iā€™ll have a look and give it tryā€¦.:+1:t4:

1 Like

New audio equipment=FUN

2 Likes

I had Monitor Silver 4ā€™s at one time, loved the sound. I imagine your setup sounds great

1 Like

Sounds superb Kim, to my old ears anyway :slight_smile:

:tada: :partying_face: :heart_eyes:

The new gear has arrived and boy it is a huuuuuge improvement over the old Harman Kardon receiver and ancient speakers. I just have to hide that one dangling cable and place the glass door back into the cabinet.

New gear :sunglasses:

• Marantz Melody X M-CR612 (silver/gold version)

• Cambridge Audio CXNv2

• Dali Spektor 2 speakers (white version)

Older gear

• Panasonic DMP-BD60 bluray player

• JVC subwoofer

• My good old LG TV

Hooked up the Cambridge digitally. Testing it at the moment and the Marantz happily plays the incoming 24 bits 192 kbit tracks. :sunglasses:

Now to get to know all the things the Marantz and HEOS can do. :+1:

Iā€™m very happy with my purchases. :smiley:

Just noticed the Marantz is Roon tested as well.

21 Likes

Roon Tested but it uses Airplay which is not as good as RAAT, which is what the Cambridge uses. Good to have as a backup should the Cambridge be unavailable for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Yeah. Noticed that as well. Iā€™m streaming through the Cambridge by default. But it indeed nice to have a backup.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::clinking_glasses:
well done. Enjoy

1 Like

If you can accommodate them, Iā€™d get the speakers out on stands, theyā€™ll struggle to give their best from there

1 Like

Sadly Iā€™m living in a small apartment. Not much else I can doā€¦

Iā€™ll give it some thoughts :slight_smile:

Koop DALI CONNECT Stand E-600 Luidsprekerstandaard | 5 Jaar Garantie these seem to be the matching stands.

Ok. Decided to get them. Iā€™ve just placed an order for a set.

2 Likes

Wow!
Theyā€™re quite expensive, but cool to have matching items

Youā€™ll find plenty of info on speaker and seating positions for best sound, and it makes a huge difference, so worth spending time on IMO

when I lived in a tiny apartment a few years ago, I used to pull the speakers out (PTFE furniture sliders are great for that) to the ā€˜listening positionā€™, then slide them out of the way for ordinary use and to free up space

1 Like

Yeah, they cost nearly as much as the speakers themselves. :sweat_smile: At least they come with 5 year warranty.

But since Iā€™ve been basically upgrading half my equipment. Might as well get it right now and be done with it :smiley:

Iā€™ll have to do some measuring. But I believe I can move the DVD racks somewhere else. Thatā€™ll free up just enough room to fit the left stand next to the wall without the room door crashing into it.

The right speaker I can just place to the right of the subwoofer.

Thatā€™s how small my apartments living room isā€¦

Personally, Iā€™d try bringing them into the room a bit - starting with the stands in front of the DVDs and sub and go from there

Lots of lovely tweaking! :nerd_face::+1:

1 Like

I can give you free standsā€¦ not the same but for freeā€¦