New audio equipment=FUN
I had Monitor Silver 4ās at one time, loved the sound. I imagine your setup sounds great
Sounds superb Kim, to my old ears anyway ![]()
![]()
The new gear has arrived and boy it is a huuuuuge improvement over the old Harman Kardon receiver and ancient speakers. I just have to hide that one dangling cable and place the glass door back into the cabinet.
New gear ![]()
-
Marantz Melody X M-CR612 (silver/gold version)
-
Cambridge Audio CXNv2
-
Dali Spektor 2 speakers (white version)
Older gear
-
Panasonic DMP-BD60 bluray player
-
JVC subwoofer
-
My good old LG TV
Hooked up the Cambridge digitally. Testing it at the moment and the Marantz happily plays the incoming 24 bits 192 kbit tracks. ![]()
Now to get to know all the things the Marantz and HEOS can do. ![]()
Iām very happy with my purchases. ![]()
Just noticed the Marantz is Roon tested as well.
Roon Tested but it uses Airplay which is not as good as RAAT, which is what the Cambridge uses. Good to have as a backup should the Cambridge be unavailable for whatever reason.
Yeah. Noticed that as well. Iām streaming through the Cambridge by default. But it indeed nice to have a backup.
![]()
![]()
well done. Enjoy
If you can accommodate them, Iād get the speakers out on stands, theyāll struggle to give their best from there
Sadly Iām living in a small apartment. Not much else I can doā¦
Iāll give it some thoughts ![]()
Koop DALI CONNECT Stand E-600 Luidsprekerstandaard | 5 Jaar Garantie these seem to be the matching stands.
Ok. Decided to get them. Iāve just placed an order for a set.
Wow!
Theyāre quite expensive, but cool to have matching items
Youāll find plenty of info on speaker and seating positions for best sound, and it makes a huge difference, so worth spending time on IMO
when I lived in a tiny apartment a few years ago, I used to pull the speakers out (PTFE furniture sliders are great for that) to the ālistening positionā, then slide them out of the way for ordinary use and to free up space
Yeah, they cost nearly as much as the speakers themselves.
At least they come with 5 year warranty.
But since Iāve been basically upgrading half my equipment. Might as well get it right now and be done with it ![]()
Iāll have to do some measuring. But I believe I can move the DVD racks somewhere else. Thatāll free up just enough room to fit the left stand next to the wall without the room door crashing into it.
The right speaker I can just place to the right of the subwoofer.
Thatās how small my apartments living room isā¦
Personally, Iād try bringing them into the room a bit - starting with the stands in front of the DVDs and sub and go from there
Lots of lovely tweaking! ![]()
![]()
I can give you free stands⦠not the same but for freeā¦
Thanks for the offer. But the stands have already been shipped ![]()
Iām going to need a TARDIS. Small on the outside, much bigger on the inside ![]()
Iām sure the speakers are going to deliver better.
And the looks⦠gorgeous
me too
Got the same relās , bought mine a year or so ago, when did you get them, I remember seeing you mention not long ago they were on order?
Had them for 3 days, still experimentingā¦.
Didnāt you previously own a Velodyne sub?

