Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

And putting them in a colour spectrum :grinning:

3 Likes

If you could just move that keyboard over that would be great. :grinning:
Those stands have really finished it off…Sit back and enjoy…

Many Thanks…

Lol was thinking the keyboard should be central to the dark area and the mouse placed on the other dark area to the right. Followed by moving the table with keyboard on it to the left to get the table edge to line up with the cabinet edge that has the screen is on. :wink:

1 Like

I haven’t used any of those components, but it looks beautiful.

My exact thoughts but I didn’t dare write it :thinking:

@SandsOfArrakis
On my first look I was wondering why is there a carpet over one of the speaker stands. Ah, it is a table… And now remodeling… if you can see the table as a carpet the mouse it is bigger than a basketball player shoe and the keyboard it is for Shrek. And we can go on…

1 Like

It’s CDO not OCD

2 Likes

Love the “jail cell” for the kiddos :smile:

They are available on line :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Really? Do you have ANY idea how much googling that comment will force me to do? :wink:

4 Likes

Nice! I hope you’re straight with the darts - a lot can go wrong slightly to the right… :worried: :worried:

1 Like

Color matching the power cords could be the icings on the cake.

@Kelly_Burkhart I took that as putting the letters in alphabetical order rather than it actually being true,so Google not required.

2 Likes

Damn Andrew, nice work man!

Thanks, but very much a collaboration, relying on the skills and equipment of my friends

I mostly provided the design (extrapolated from the original 2x 10”s) and the impetus (over 10+ years) to actually do it

Very pleased we did…

2 Likes

I’m not playing darts anymore. And no, I don’t want holes in my Dali’s either. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Want some dynamics? One may go for a horn system. Roon helped me to tame them (Hornblower 15 HO) and get rid of most of the typical horn colorations.

I did try complete active crossover design (with Okto dac8pro) and completely passive crossovers and ended up with the latter. The use of different Amps makes it very difficult to get the right performance (Could not afford another AMS100).

The current setup:

• Roon Core on a MAC Mini M1
  • Roon Bridge (ropieee) with Intona USB isolator and a good linear power supply
  • Musical Fidelity M6xDAC
  • Musical Fidelity Primo
  • Musical Fidelity AMS100
  • All cables and interconnects from SUPRA, XLR
  • Drivers: Beyma 15P80FE/N replacing the used JBL 130e. Limmerhorn 870qx with the according drivers from B&C.
  • Roon DSP used with a convolution filter to tame some low frequency issues and resolve the nasal sound issues around 1800hz.

In the active crossover setup I used the Purifi Class D AMPs which are really good and replace the AMS100 in hot summer days.

Now the hornblower is dealing very well also with vocals, piano. Not to mention Symphony Orchestra level of dynamics. The target is to get rid of the convolution filter by optimizing the passive crossovers.

36 Likes

This truly is a great system!

But I’d urge you to rethink the passive x-over approach.
If done properly, convolution for x-over, room-, frequency- and time-domain correction will definitely outperform any passive approach.

The MF and Purify amps should be transparent enough to not exhibit audible personalities.

Anyway, enjoy!

3 Likes

You are right! My Problems started in the Preamp section. Using the DACs preamp did not do the trick. It sounded thin and gave me fatigue by the time. But I‘ll continue. Putting a DSP behind the preamp was painful too.

1 Like

Or you could just listen with some state of the art headphones :rofl: :headphones: :joy:

3 Likes