Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

I like real life more than the artist’s impression. :slight_smile: Looks very nice!

1 Like

Hello All, I just finished my Roon setup. I’m new to the audio world and have a small space, so I tried to keep it simple.

Evo 150, with MonitorAudio Speakers:

Panamax Power Conditioner under the stand:

Roon Server is running in my Vmware lab:

I don’t know much about audio so any constructive criticism, or tips/tricks to improve the setup are welcome.

Phil

42 Likes

Enjoy the music! Looks good.

Just to let you know, Roon does not officially support virtual environments…

The speakers look a bit close together, try 3 m apart for a start …

6 Likes

Looks equitable to me , my first chair was a Parker Knoll Recliner, bit like a manual Lazy Boy

Have you heard of subliminal listening . I can still hum stuff I’ve slept through :innocent:

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the input. I have moved both speakers as recommended. Running a few tests now, and it does appear to help.

3 Likes

Thanks, streaming from the vm seems to work and I have not run into any issues yet. I my pull some hardware to make a dedicated Roon server.

2 Likes

If it works, it works. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just mentioned it as there were a couple of people having trouble with virtual Roon servers and then could not get support as that setup did not meet the requirements.

So another few updates:

New turntable:

New Amp:

New DAC

Same shelves!

38 Likes

Wonderfull looking, inviting.
Isn’t the door in your way? Maybe try the opposite wall if it is available

1 Like

Acrylic! Nice one. :upside_down_face: I know because my tt is acrylic as well.
Great new stuff, congratulations.

I like the Hegel a lot.

1 Like

Yes I guess the manufacturer would call it “Perspex” lol. But all one and the same thing

1 Like

Thanks, it is the basement bathroom door, its only in the way when the door is wide open. solved it by installing a door stop just before the door smashes the speaker.

Puts a whole new meaning to the :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:’s in the way.

2 Likes

Yes, and mine is / was called “2Xperience Acryl”. Little bit different, but yeah, all one and the same thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This one is the Perspex 6 SB. I like the floaty magnets!

1 Like

Very nice deck.

1 Like

:astonished: you must trust your door stopper

2 Likes

Love the Chord TT(1). I have the TT1 and TT2. The TT1 will never leave my night stand.

3 Likes

I didn’t know what to expect from it. It was just an experimental punt. I’m curious about what the TT2 might add to the mix.