Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

While the TT2 is more detailed and has a higher tap WTA1 filter, the TT1 to my ear is smoother. It also isn’t as particular with the iem’s in my collection.

1 Like

Looks lovely, however does like you could use a little power cord management behind those recliners. See below :grin:

If we give you some help and tips on our audio setup will you give us some help and tips on computer networks and, more importantly, cable management? :+1:

3 Likes

Very nice but I’m sure that some liner power supplies for the recliners would yield sonic improvements, preferably if they were sat on a sheet of unobtanium.

4 Likes

Nice! Always good to see a Hegel - Is it a 590 or 390 (can’t be sure from the perspective)?

I have several home theater power recliners and after changing from the stock the power supplies to aftermarket linear power supplies there were several very noticeable improvements:
The fully reclined position was much more horizontal
The leg rests offered better support
The resolution on the HDTV was much clearer
The surround sound system is much more immersive

Of course your results may vary. :rofl: :sunglasses:

11 Likes

What no curtains / veils lifted. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Since I tend to watch TV with the curtains drawn I haven’t noticed but I can say that the USB backlight is more effective. :grin: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s a 390. I bought it hoping to use the internal DAC, but sadly (imho) the dac just isn’t up to the standard of the amp. So I’m now using the chord.

However as a pure “amp” I’m not sure the 390 represents an improvement on the H200 I had previously. It’s perfectly good and has all of the same qualities, but I could have saved a LOT of money.

I’ll probably look to replace it next year for an amp that doesn’t have a dac built in.

3 Likes

It was raising the blinds that lifted the veil and let more light in for me. Before that the music was much darker :flushed:
(It was Goth muaic after all)

5 Likes

Thought you were still at the poker tournament for a second….

3 Likes

Segways on fire at the moment Ferg.
I :heart: it :+1:t2:

(I got two :heart: back and you got them both)

2 Likes

The cable is only there when the recliner batteries are on charge which is overnight once every few weeks.

1 Like

Or did you mean segue? :wink:

5 Likes

Ha ha yes, but also Happy for Ferg to be great on the two wheeled vehicle as well, just not on fire

2 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Harris they look great don’t they and i would definitely have to be on fire before getting on one.

@Suedkiez Nice pickup. I did put that out there to see if you had a saved link you could post :rofl: :rofl:

However, i would need much bigger wheels than those.

Edit: Nothing to see here… Move along, Move along. Back on topic please or we will get flagged…

3 Likes

That’s great, my recliners don’t have batteries so those annoying power cords are always there.

Maybe not as impressive as others here but this is it until the new house is built:

Primary System

NAD M33
B&W 703s2
B&W DB3D
Isotek Evo3 Aquarius
Marantz CD6000KI (real legacy product…)
Roon ROCK on NUK9

Other Systems

Bluesound Powernode (kitchen)
B&W CCM683 inceiling speakers

Rotel RA03 (office)
Rotel RB03
B&W CM2
Roon over Raspberry Pi w/Hifi Berry DAC Hat

Have a matching B&W HTM71s2 to go with the mains and sub which will transition to a home theatre system in the new build and B&W 804D4 will be the centrepiece - undecided on the M33 staying on this though.

29 Likes

4x 10” Cabinets now painted and installed

W O W! :open_mouth:

The improvement over the W210s is incredible, and everything I’d hoped for
The SB Acoustics drivers have about 90 hours on them, so I anticipate they’ll get even better

I’m running a Lyngdorf ‘3400 on the Quads and a Lyngdorf ‘2200 for the bass speakers

If you have Lyngdorf and haven’t gone 2.2 yet - do it - you won’t regret it

19 Likes

:heart_eyes: nice choice in white. I would not leave the room :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I’m jaleous…!

1 Like