Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

Myself :innocent:

I guess when/if MQA does leave the building, then the Loxjie will find itself back connected to my MacBook Pro. It’s there to remedy the only thing my CXNv2 doesn’t have.

Twin Wolfson DAC’s in my CXNv2. And both my CXA81 and Loxjie D30 have an ESS Saber DAC build in.

The Loxjie would be unneccessary in my setup if the CXNv2 had native MQA support. Then it would be a toss which DAC, CXA81 or CXNv2, sounds “better”. With the current setup the Loxjie’s ESS ES9068AS is the way to go. And it sounds really good as well.

The shortest DAC link in my chain is the connection between my CXA81 and CXC. Since the CXC doesn’t have a DAC, the one in the CXA81 is the only one.

So it works with your recordings of your music? Why is it called House Curve then? Where do they get installed?

On my list of things to do in my rooms where I do not have Dirac.

So would I be able to use my Umic-1 microphone with my iPad Pro with this app :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry, you’ll have to speak to the developer about naming.

Details of the functionality can be seen on the HouseCurve Website

It works with MUSE/DSP in Roon, i.e. All music in the library.

1 Like

You should be able to Mike. Assuming you have the microphone configuration file you can load that into the app and get even better results.

1 Like

Thanks I will look at that at some point.

Thanks for the link. Definitely will check it out.

1 Like

There’s a fairly active House Curve app thread here, in which the developer participates. No posts for a month, but a couple hundred in total, oughta keep you busy for a bit!

1 Like

Brave having a dartboard so close to your speaker! :dart:

1 Like

Crazy that TV looks so out of place lol

Did a Frame TV and use it as a Roon Display or nice art

1 Like

But at least he’s wearing socks (in his reflection) in the photo :wink:

4 Likes

the UMIK gets power from the USB port. Does the iPad Pro have such an USB port? (I know my iPhone doesn’t - so no UMIK on Housecurve then…)

Morning @Gadnoz_Seek

Maybe the lightning to USB adaptor might work for iPads/iPhone. I’d suggest the CCK so you can power the phone at the same time.

I use this with my iPhone 8 and Dragonfly Cobalt, which is powered via the phone through the adaptor.

2 Likes

See @Menzies reply, it works for iPad or iPhone ….

1 Like

Hi @Gadnoz_Seek

Depends on the age of you iPad Pro. If it is 2019 or newer it does have USB-C. If it is older, you need the adapter @Menzies spoke about.

1 Like

Well I can’t miss since there is a huge magnet :magnet: hidden behind the board :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m getting deja vu on a dartboard and speaker being in risky positions from way earlier in this thread.

3 Likes

History has a way of repeating itself. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

There are alternative microphones for [example] plus other models and there are adapters for all that I have seen.