Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2023]

Very nice! I have a similar setup with subwoofer :loud_sound: on center. The speakers look amazing

1 Like

awesome setup. that amplifier is really a beauty. hope one day to own one :slight_smile: or as alternative a Yamaha A-S 3200.

raspberry pis are great devices. i wonder if the new version will get support for a Rock Server. that would be great for people that do the upsampling in hqplayer on another machine.

1 Like

Many thanks! Is the entry-level E-280 Accuphase, I highly recommend it.
Iā€™m running HQplayer on an Unbuntu desktop mini and my Rock in on a NUC 5th generation. My DAC is fed by a Raspberry as running HQplayer NAA.
Rock Server needs to be on a stand-alone machine.

2 Likes

Nice setup! I can also relate to it!
Using HQplayer 2.1 settings and headphones :headphones: listening zone.

Having spent two years on a rolling upgrade, Iā€™m now at the ā€˜trying minor tweaksā€™ (fibre optic isolation, valve rolling) stage. But very happy indeed with what Iā€™m hearing, and itā€™s very relaxing to have a DAC where you hear what the designer intended, rather than spending hours just wondering if a different HQP filter/modulator combination would realise a marginal advantage to the tonality of the triangleā€¦

19 Likes

In the last four weeks, we have added two REL S812 subwoofers. This changed the lower midrange problem we had. Still searching for a turntableā€¦

14 Likes

A few of us here with same subsšŸ‘

3 Likes

Youā€™re going to need some serious vibration isolation there.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I recently installed a couple of subs for my mate and we had to move them well away.

My T/T is wall mounted.

2 Likes

How do you stop the records falling off?

2 Likes

It is an anti gravity shelf. :upside_down_face: :wink:

8 Likes

FTFY

14 Likes

The classic blanket over the TV trick. Cheap and effective!

1 Like

Wow! This is really amazing :star_struck:

1 Like

So just rebuilt a system for my desktop. Oh gosh. Oh boy. Yum.

• Wyse 3040 (Volumio)
  • Schiit Gungnir
  • Creek 5350se which I recently had fixed up after sitting on my shelf for six years unattended & unloved
  • Harbeth P3esr xd
  • Rel T-zero Mk III
  • Absolutely meh interconnects - I think Iā€™m using monster cable or whatever I had sitting around my office, didnā€™t even go downstairs to find anything better

Oh man. So pleased. Plus, even though Iā€™m giving up on the balanced headphone connection of the Schiit Mjolnir II I had been using as my headphone amp, the Creekā€™s headphone output is lovely into my Audeze LCD-5ā€™s. Could have it hooked up in parallel, but desk looks neater without.

Yas.

6 Likes

Could you share a photo, please?

Yes, though I really truly have to clean up the desk a little first!

The amp & DAC are barely visible through the thicket of papers and RPiā€™en and CD cases and thumb drives etc etc. but your request will provide me inspiration!

2 Likes

Sources:
Qobuz Studio subscription tier
Tidal HiFi Plus
FLACs on DAS (66,402 tracks over 4886 albums)
Vinyl LPs

Music Server:
Roon 2.0 on Roon Optimised Core Kit installed on a
Intel i5 NUC running 16GB PC4 DDR4-2666Mhz RAM and internal Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD for Metadata / Roon Catalog
USB 3 connected via a AudioQuest JitterBug USB Noise Filter to a Seagate 8TB USB3 External Direct Attached Drive for media
4-Port tp-link TL-SG10SE unmanaged Gigabit Switch

Turntable :
Technics SL-1210G
Dynavector 17DX Karat Cartridge
Tellurium Q Ultra-Black II interconnects (2x 1m)

Phono Stage Pre-Amp:
Chord Electronics HUEI
Chord Company ShawlineX ARAY Analogue XLR balanced interconnects (2x 1m)

Pre-Amp
ATC SCA2 Pre-amplifier

DAC / Streamer:
dCS BartĆ³k 2.0
Chord Company ShawlineX ARAY Analogue XLR balanced interconnects (2x 1m)

Speakers :
ATC SCM-40 Active in ā€˜Cherryā€™
Chord Company Clearway balanced XLR interconnects (2 x 3m)

Power Distribution :
Chord Company PowerHAUS M6 for main system
Chord Company EPIC 16Amp IEC Power Cable (1x 1.5m)

Wireworld Matrix 2 for ancillaries
Naim Powerline Lite Mains Power Cable

Support:
IKEA KALLAX :wink:

23 Likes

Since building the PMS for the lounge, I donā€™t really need dual bridged mono Benchmark AHB2s in my main setup. The speakersā€™ sensitivity is 91 dB and a single AHB2 is enough for 111 dB SPL at my listening chair.

The previous main speakers (Zaph Audio ZRT), now displaced by the PMS are installed on my desktop atop a pair of IsoAcoustics ISO200 stands with a ~5Ā° backtilt.

Utilised nearfield, these are utterly breathtaking. Previously I had a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv B1+ with an SE8 sub. Whilst they were very good, they couldnā€™t hold a candle to the ZRT.

The ā€œspareā€ AHB2 has now taken the place of my Topping PA5 II.

Source equipment is a RPi4B, Topping E50 DAC and Topping L50 for use with cans.

The coaster was a gift from a very dear friend of mine (also a Scot), who is sadly no longer with us.

21 Likes