Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Thanks to @David_Snyder for mentioning my thread here. So I like to take the chance to show my setup here too :slight_smile:

Hidden in the basement directly below the sideboard

• Roon Server on Gigabyte BRIX GB-BACE-3160 Mini-PC (Intel Celeron, 8 GB RAM, 2TB SSD) operated with Win10.
  • In the Roon DSP I integrated a convolution filter (4x64k taps) for room correction and linear phase XO (crossover at 120Hz), calculated with Acourate (https://www.audiovero.de). The small Celeron in the Brix has still enough power to compute the convolution in real time (3x) without any trouble.
  • Krell Evolution 2250e power amplifier driving the full-range speakers in the Horns.

Hidden in the drawer

• RME ADI-2 pro FS. It has four separate analog outputs. Two are directly driving the Krell in the basement, the other two are driving the Woofers. The four DACs get their signal via USB from a Raspberry Pi fed by the Roon convolution filters.
  • Pro-Ject Phono Box RS (not audiophile but nice enough for the Shure) connected to the analog inputs of the ADI-2 Pro. I run a self made Roon Extension to playback the turntable input with Roon.
  • Raspberry Pi4 with the rooExtend image.

Visible in the listening room

Best DrCWO

36 Likes