Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Unfortunately Rod my reading habits/tastes are nearly as limited as my music😎
And I’m sure you would soon get fed up with numerous renditions of SciFi fantasy epics

1 Like

@Gigatoaster , Yes, there are different alignment recommendations for different speakers. What recommendations do KEF make for this speaker? For my Dali speakers the recommended alignment is straight ahead, and I’m only slightly toed-in.

When considering room correction panels I suggest using absorption panels behind your listening position and dispersion panels behind your speakers. I’m using 2 inch absorption panels just behind me. My room was not too lively to begin with so I have 2 inch dispersion panels, however you may need 4 inch panels with bass traps in your room.

Your room is very nice and you have a lot to work with. This is the best part of our hobby. Happy listening.

1 Like

The recommendation of the 1.2X is consistent with Jim Smith’s rule of 83%. The 1.2x rule takes the distance between the tweeters times 1.2 to arrive at the distance between the tweeters and your ears at the listening position. Jim’s experience is the distance between the speakers’ tweeters and the distance should generally be 83%. Ultimately the percentage range is 82% - 84% but usually closer to 83%.

This!!! :+1:

3 Likes

How beautiful! Even the rack is beautiful! Somebody saying who doesn’t like this HiFi racks. Would love to see more picture of well designed living rooms like yours in this forum.

1 Like

It’s a…kiwi :kiwi_fruit:

@John_Kaster surprisingly, KEF says my speakers don’t need toe-in, because of Uni-Q. Weird. 5 Tips for Positioning Your Speakers In Your Room | KEF Asia Pacific

1 Like

I think I am with you. I tend to play the album rather than single tracks. I am the type that gets upset when the next track is not what follows on the lp/cd I have in my collection. I have noticed when streaming just how many variations in track order there are depending on the country the lp/cd is pressed.

I’ve bought myself new stands for the Kii Three for Father’s Day.

Maybe a bit pricey, hopefully the commander and chief doesn’t expect such a present for Mother’s Day.

53 Likes

TIL that Father’s Day is the second sunday in November for countries in Northern Europe.

What are you using for a display? It looks huge…

1 Like

Wow! What a view!

1 Like

“new stands” is clearly the understatement of the year :joy:

3 Likes

I would move the listening position a few meters back. But what a view🙀

3 Likes

:+1:
… but sturdy …
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

The majority of system photographs in this topic show equipment areas rather than the whole room.
I suspect that many rooms, mine included, are sufficiently balanced with life’s clutter to include the tastes of the household and allowing moderate “room treatment.”
The “designer image” doesn’t necessarily appeal to everyone so room treatments vary considerably…

:pray:t3:

3 Likes

You have a hard choice to make: move the chairs back for proper sound, or leave them there for this gorgeous view. Fantastic!

2 Likes

we need a “show us your room treatments” thread.

1 Like

Off you go, it can be your Roon “claim to fame” :wink:

2 Likes

PXL_20221114_210613361

New listening chairs. They open the room up some.

27 Likes