Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

What a fantastic place to listen to music while living.

or/and

What a fantastic place to live while listening to music. :blush:

1 Like

What a beautiful room!

I feel like I’ve posted mine but can’t remember! Not seeing it in the thread.

Harbeth 30.2 XD’s in living room.

Luxman L-509X + Raspberry Pi (with Pi2AES HAT running RoPieeeXL and HQPlayer) + Denafrips Pontus II DAC are in a closet off the TV room. (Door cracked open and fan running when stereo is on!)

The Cambridge CXA-80 in that walnut cabinet controls the Focal Aria 906 (plus a few other speakers) for whole-house sound when desired.

Thorens TD-124 in the dining room.

26 Likes

Spent the past five plus hours playing around with REW and my new Dayton Audio UMM-6 mic, attempting to dial in my system. I’ll be the first to admit this room is in need of some major help.

The GR-Research X-Statik’s create a huge peak at 74Hz. Keep in mind, these are sealed loudspeakers, and positioned 6’ in front of the front wall and just over 3’ from the side walls. Even when just by themselves, there’s a huge hole that shows up between 35Hz to 50Hz! In any of the other rooms I’ve had these speakers in over the past 13 years, I’ve never seem huge peaks and dips like this before.

With the subs active, there’s still a huge hole at 43Hz. Also, to help reduce that hole, I had to move the subs back towards the front wall. They are only about 1.5’ away from the wall now, instead of the near 6’ they were previously when positioned along side the mains. To get a smoother, cleaner transition from the subs to the mains, I had to cross the subs over at 72Hz with a 24dB slope, then dial them in with phase adjustments.

Whenever I get more time, I’ll set everything up again and do some more measurements and tuning. It certainly doesn’t look good on paper, but there is a vast improvement in overall sound quality over just the “throw them in and tune by ear” method I did when I got these subs. Which is also how I’ve been listening to them for the past couple months that I’ve owned them now.

Anyway, a few graphs to chat over…

Mains by themselves…

With subs…

The two above combined, and limited to 200Hz…

14 Likes

beautiful rooms- I assume you’re running looooong interconnects from the TT to the Luxman, or maybe the closet is just the other side of that wall?

Both! Closet is just on the other side of the wall, but the interconnects still need to be longer than normal, for sure.

(The speaker cables are rather long, as well. Nice thick Cardas 1313 cable, but it travels under that gray rug between the couch and fireplace.)

The audiophile community wouldn’t approve, I’m sure of that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

clean & simple with a view…love it…

1 Like

Hey Charles… how are those X-Statik speakers sounding? Did you build them?

1 Like

Oh no, I certainly didn’t build these.

These are the original AV123 X-Statik’s released back in 2009. These were part of the first batch released. They’re still in like new condition. I have however fully upgraded the crossovers through Danny at GR-Research, as well as installing No-Rez in them.

They sound great. Very natural, refined and detailed. Lots of air and space with an open sounds stage. Also very dynamic as well. I don’t see myself getting rid of them anytime soon. In fact, the only true replacement for these will probably be the GR-Research NX-Otica or NX-Treme.

I have either owned or tried everything from NHT 2.9’s, Martin Logan SL3’s stock and modified), Klipsch Cornwall II’s (stock and modified) & Heresy III’s, Magnepan MGLR-1’s & 1.7i’s, and a whole bunch of various bookshelf speakers ranging from B&W, Sonus faber, Revel, JBL, and many others. These are all speakers that I own or owned as well as speakers two of my brothers own or owned.

Long story short, I keep coming back to these X-Statik’s because they just do so many things right.

2 Likes

Finally have the rig in a rack. Bottom to top:
AQ Niagra 1200 with Shunyata Venom cord
Antipodes K30
Antipodes EX direct stream from K30, AQ Cinnamon to TT2 for PGGB
Mscaler usb from K30 (Wireworld Platinum 8) dual Storm bnc to TT2
TT2
Focal Utopia w Lazuli Reference, Rooms stand
Big ass recliner

Prog On!

22 Likes

Very clean and tidy looking. I like it!

1 Like

lol…big ass recliner

1 Like

Looks like a pair of ATC SCM19v2 ?

Thanks!

Close, these are SCM 11.

Nice. I got a pair of SCM19v2 also on Solid Steel stands. Mine are the SS-6.

9 Likes

Very nice.

The misses would not have bigger in the living room, so i settled for the 11’s.
Amazing sound for their size and well equiped for their purpose, listening when doing som reading etc.
Or just sitt and look out the window…

3 Likes

I have a very overbearing better half in that sense, and we used to have DLS R55 floor standing speakers. So the 19’s are quite a bit smaller, although the footprint is the same more or less. I got the speakers for a demo price (with full warranty, but no grills), and paid a little over half the retail price. I could not pass that opportunity. And they play like nothing I’ve heard before. I first thought I had to get a subwoofer, but they lack no bass at all. Mine are, as you can see, located in the corner of our living room, and that boosts the bass a bit. But only for the better in my opinion. I really like the design of the ATC speakers.

You are right there, the 11’s also have an amazing tight and strong base for their size.
I bought them second hand with the stands.
Last week i bought an Accuphase E-380 as a replacement for the hegel h190.
The E-380 is in all superiour to the h190; build, estetics and sound and above all a fantastic match.
With the Accuphase the sound stage is huge.

It is a joy to hear this set.
My SCM 40’s will be powered by an Accuphase soon, the hegel h390 has to go…… also according to my girlfriend :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Upon zooming in, I recognize them! ATC SCM19s here, love them.

Interesting stands! They look beautiful! Though the bottom plate is not adjusted to the ATC‘s curvature.

Very nice!

Super speakers!!! Got the ATC SCM19s, though v1. Am thinking of getting the v2s at one point. Still, the sound of the v1s is great!

9 Likes