Silence With MQA In Roon Radio

Running Roon with HQPlayer.When using radio function when a MQA selection comes up get silence.I can see music is playing but no sound.I dont have a MQA dac but in device set up MQA Capabilities set to No MQA Support.Enable MQA Core Decoder set to yes.

1 Like

Hello @Outlaw,

Can you please provide some more information regarding your setup using this thread as a guide?

What DAC are you using and what does the Signal Path show when one of these MQA tracks are playing?

Thanks,
Noris

Just heading to work.Will investigate later and post.Thanks

Simudio Moon 280d.Windows 10.Pc 8086k processor.Asus 390z hero x1 motherboard.Corsair dominator ram 16gb @ 3200mhz.Operating system,Roon and HQPlayer on a m.2 ssd.Music stored on external ssd approx 300 albumsUsing Intel NUC as naa.Everything wired asus ac3100 router.Try to play MQA no sound but can see music trying to play by bars going up down beside song,but bar at bottom not moving.Just tried Tidal album Chris Stapleton traveller.Flac 48khz 24bit,MQA 96 kHz.

Anybody ???

Hello @Outlaw,

Are you seeing this behavior when you play to the Moon 280D directly in Roon without the use of HQPlayer?

-John

Just tried with Roon without HQPlayer and it did play.

So if using HQPlayer this is always going to be a issue with MQA.Is there a fix,is it a problem on HQPlayer side ?

Hello @Outlaw,

I just tested this setup using HQPlayer on Windows 10 with a Simaudio Moon 280D and did not encounter any issues with MQA content or switching sample rates during playback. Make sure your HQPlayer is updated to the latest version (3.25.2). In addition, check that you have the bitrate limit in the HQPlayer settings configured to “48k x256” as well as “Auto Family Rate” enabled.

-John

That worked.Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.