Since Roon 1.8 Update I can not choose my audio devices

**Core Machine **
Roon 1.8 (build 756). Running on Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Phantom Gold, USB-DAC Marantz Ruby, IPone 12 Max, etc.

Description Of Issue

Since roon update to 1.8, if I start Roon it says that I have to choose an audio device.
If I go to the “manage audio device” and click on a audio device (e.g. iPhone or my speaker (now Roon ready)) nothing happens.
You can see the activated devices in a grey field…

It seems that the buttons (or the grey field) in this „managed audio device area“ are not working.
See attached screenshot.

This effect is on all my Roon Remote devices - Notebook too.

Please let me know, what to do.
Best Regards
Trompet

2 Likes

I am having the same bug with a lot of other people. For now all you can do is reboot the Roon Core, and it will show up again in the audio device Zones.

1 Like

I found myself needing to restart Roon to get my Phantoms back … they were working fine since the 1.8 upgrade then vanished until I restarted.

I do have a lot of devices …

Hello there,

Same problem here. Quite annoying…
I was able to come up with a solution. Don’t know if it will fit your setup.
When you go to the zone group (click on the bottom right icon with the current output) you select the otherwise unavailable output and group it with another output.
I did that with my PC monitor speakers, muted them, and I was able to enjoy the music through my Modius again.

Of course, I’m waiting (in)patiently for Roon to sort this out :slight_smile:
António

After some trials I suddenly saw my Devialet Phantom as Roon Ready device and I could even select it.

Very happy about the nice sound (that the Phantoms are supporting RAAT is new), I went out for 2h.

After my return, my music devices vanished again and the Phantoms are only via AirPlay available.

Hope Roon will fix this bug soon…

I am having the same problem. Device is shown in settings, but doesn’t show up in device selection until I reboot nucleus. I don’t want to reboot nucleus every time I want to listen to a particular device. Very annoying.

Ok, first available music devices that shown up were my Phantoms via AirPlay.
After approximatly 30 minutes the Phantom were shown beside AirPlay device as Roon Ready device too. The same time it took Roon to identify my iPhone as music device.

Probably Roon is always after Standby loosing the already installed music devices and is starting the scan and installation process of the home network always new…

Just my idea :wink:

Same problem here. I’m using Windows 10 as a server. In my case closing Roon then opening Roon fixes it.

Exactly the same here with the core running on a dedicated Win10 i7 machine. Only fix is to RDC in and reboot

Same problem here, extremely annoying. Basically if my USB DAC is powered down and back on again, I have to restart my Roon core to use it.

Confirming that rebooting the core seems to restore access to audio devices.

Still, it’s a bug.

I’m also seeing this behaviour. I can’t select my main usb audio device on my iMac, but I can group it to one that is detected.

My Roon server core have the same problem, the only way to fix this problem is reboot the roon server, my Roon server need 20 min ates to reboot quite troublesome

I have ‘lost’ my minidsp shd studio that used to work with roon 1.7 driven by some odd ALSA type thing - Roon now says its ‘not certified’ and wont play via it. Tried the ‘Roon Ready’ slider in the Volumio software native on the SHD - no results, also checked the plugin for Roon on the same - no update and you cant uninstall it - now at a dead end with my not cheap minidsp shd studio - NB i got it to do DIRAC which is fab! - would just like to have Dirac and Roon like i did with 1,7 - does anyone clever have any ideas?
Thanks for help in advance!

Same problem here. Roon server on a macmini USB connected to a MA5300. I must reboot the macmini every time I want to listen to my music! Please fix it soon

Same issue here, if I disable and enable a local to the remote device and select that I can then group my actual endpoint.

Same issue here…

I have the same problem. Please fix this but.

Same issue here. Have to restart my roon core .:slightly_frowning_face:

It has been over a week is anyone working on fixing this bug? A reply would be great.

1 Like