Since Roon 1.8 Update I can not choose my audio devices

Same issue here.
And worse, my laptop (Dell Latitude 7570) and the plugged in Hidizs Sonata HD is not recognized at all any more. Other devices did appear again after a reboot of the Core.

I have the same problem here with a Devialet 440 Pro.

Yesterday all was working fine, but since a reboot of the core there are no audio devices available. I tried restarting the Devialet and several reboots of the core, but still no devices available.

Edit: OK I found the problem. Roon Core is running on a NUC7i3BNH on Linux Mint XFCE. Yesterday I turned on the fire wall with rules to allow passthrough for tcp and udp

9100:9200/tcp allow in 192.168.1.0/24
9003/udp allow in 192.168.1.0/24
1900/udp allow in 192.168.1.0/24

and it worked fine, but since a reboot it seems the firewall is blocking connection to my devices.

I turned off the firewall and I have my devices back.

same problem here - would greatly prefer Roon never update anything again - thought I liked Roon, but no I do not. Great to go without music for weeks and no responses from Roon on this topic. I am using a Nucleus - their HW, their SW. Wish I had invested elsewhere.

what an incredible disappointment to get all this marketing hype communication on 1.8, and then have the update brick everything - maybe better to focus on testing new software releases as opposed to videos telling me how great you are?

can’t access internal storage, can’t access audio devices, can’t access qobuz (yes it has asked to login in a half dozen times) - and yes I’m venting. Tend to do that when you take my money but don’t deliver what you sold me.

Apologies for the trouble, everyone! Please see this post for updates:

2 Likes