Since Roon update to Rev. 1.7 buildt 610 every day I have to sign in first before Roon control can be used

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MS II audiodata.eu – Germany
Roon Rev. 1.7, build 610.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I’m using registered Roon since November 2019 and all was o.k. This means I started Roon control by Win10 PC or Apple iPad and I could select my music to play.

After Roon update to B610, every day I want to use Roon I have to sign in first with email and password before I can use Roon. What is happened?

Why did you change the usage or what can I do that it is not needed to sign in first every day again and again?

Info: After using Roon I do not sign out, I only stop Roon control. This behaviour is like before Roon update.

Hi @Rainer_Klusemann,

Does this issue only happen when the MS II is the Roon Core? You can try to temporarily host the Roon Core on another PC by using these instructions:

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

If you perform the above test and confirm that only the Audiodata Core impacted by this issue, I would reach out directly to Audiodata support.

Hello,
many thanks for your feedback.

I asked Mr. Schippers, company owner and very good technician of audiodata, and he told me that he didn’t heard about this issue from other users of MS II.
So I would like to rule out that this problem is caused by the MS II as the Roon machine. And besides, this problem never existed before the actual Roon update Rev. 1.7 buildt 610.

And after sign in in Roon all is o.k… So it looks to me that the login data are no longer stored after the update or the stored data is not retrieved correctly. And if so, then it doesn’t help me if this problem is not present on another PC.

MusicServer MS II is my Roon maschine and I use inside DSP function the AudioVolver engine and I don’t want to change that.

So I ask you again for support.
Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Rainer Klusemann

Hi @Rainer_Klusemann,

I have been discussing your report with our QA team. We’ve gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers from your Roon Core.

I can confirm that the log report has been received, but it is not clear just yet what is triggering this behavior.

Yes, I understand you want to use the Audiodata as the permanent server, but still please try using the PC as a temporary Core, so that we can eliminate a few variables here, the variables being the Core.

If the issue also reproduces on the PC, we have more information and know to investigate the network and your Roon account itself for other possible causes of the error.

Hi,

1. the problem with to sign in every day is still available
  2. I tested the following:
    a) if I have switched off (power off) my “MusikServer” => Roon Core I first have to sign in before I can use it at the next day
    b) if I have switched off (power off) my “MusikServer” => Roon Core and I switch it on at the same day new sign in is not needed
    c) if I have not switched off my “MusikServer” => Roon core over night sign in is also not needed at the next day. In this case it makes no difference whether my Roon Control app was active or inactive.
    Tested with: Apple iPad and PC as Roon control
  3. If I want to use my PC as Roon Core (install Roon Core) I get the info: “You’re already signed in …”
    your setup is “MusikServer” but it doesn’t work so I have to sign in first.

I didn’t change anything in my network. All other network devices at the same network switch work without any problems. The only thing that has changed is the Roon Core software/firmware.

I ask you again for support. Many thanks in advance.

Hello @Rainer_Klusemann,

I have been discussing your case with our QA team recently. There have been a few similar reports of this behavior, so we have started an investigation try to find any common patterns among these reports.

This investigation is ongoing, so I can’t quite comment when I will have an update for you next, but I will let you know once I have any further information. Thank you in advance for your patience while the investigation is underway!

Hello,
many weeks have passed since our last contact and the problem that I have first to sign in every day is still available. In the meantime I have also installed the version 1.7 build 667 but this did not improve the problem described before.
So I ask you again for investigation.
Many thanks in advance.

Hello @Rainer_Klusemann,

Please see the latest status of this investigation here:

Thank you for your patience while we continue to look into this!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.