Skipping after update

I am having this issue as well.

Hi @bobflood,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How often are you seeing this?

There are now so many track skipping threads for 1.7 that it might be more helpful to know who is NOT having this problem

2 Likes

Hi Dylan, Setup is:

AT&T 1 Gig Fiber Gateway===>ASUS RT AC 88U Router===>Core on Win 10/64 PC (HQP on same machine)===>Sonore uRendu as HQP Endpoint all via wired connection. I also have a SB Touch as another Endpoint with wired connection.

I get the skipping a few times per day. It happens on both Tidal and Qobuz (I do not have local files). Track resolution does not matter. It happens on both endpoints. It was stable on both before the update to 1.7.

1.7 is great and I am sure you will get this figured out. There is likely a connection here to the new buffering scheme but you probably already knew that. The new methods have resulted in an improvement in sound quality so I hope your solution can preserve that.

This is only an annoyance but it does need to be resolved at some point. This happened in the past with an earlier release.

Thanks for all your efforts and the team’s efforts in improving Roon.

As the saying goes: Stuff Happens

Thanks,

Bob

Since logging out and back in to both Tidal and Qobuz it has not happened again. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.